Membership Ambassador - Sales
Company: Ronald Reagan Presidential Library
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: November 18, 2021
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and InstituteThe
Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute (RRPFI) is the
nonprofit organization created by President Reagan himself and
specifically charged by him with continuing his legacy and sharing
his principles - individual liberty, economic opportunity, global
democracy and national pride. The Foundation is a non-partisan
organization which sustains the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library
and Museum in Simi Valley, CA, the Reagan Center for Public
Affairs, the Presidential Learning Center, The Air Force One
Pavilion and the award-winning Discovery Center, as well as the
Reagan Institute, which carries out the Foundation---s work in
Washington, D.C.-- The Reagan Library houses over 55 million pages
of Gubernatorial, Presidential and personal papers and over 60,000
gifts and artifacts chronicling the lives of Ronald and Nancy
Reagan. It also serves as the final resting place of America---s
40th President and his First
Lady.--www.reaganfoundation.org--Position AvailableThe RRPFI is
seeking a part-time Membership Ambassador-Sales to greet guests
visiting the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum, discuss
admissions and membership options, and provide existing members
with personalized guidance when they arrive at the Museum.-- The
person hired for this position must be energetic, enthusiastic and
customer-service oriented. ----Duties and ResponsibilitiesAs a
Membership Ambassador-Sales, you will report to the Director of
Visitor Services. You will be expected to perform such specific
duties and responsibilities as are related to this position and any
additional duties hereafter assigned.-- In particular, your
responsibilities will include:
- Greeting visitors to the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and
Museum, describing membership options and benefits, collecting new
member data, completing point-of-sale membership transactions and
ensuring the accurate collection of appropriate membership dues for
- Meeting or exceeding annual membership and fundraising
- Welcoming existing members as they arrive and providing
personalized assistance as needed.
- Participating as a member of the Development team in RRPFI
fundraising projects and programs.
- Assisting in identifying potential major donors and referring
such prospects to the Development office.
- Occasionally assisting with Foundation events on weekends and
- Diligent adherence to COVID-19 related protocols.
- Other duties as assigned.--Qualifications
- 2-3 years sales/customer service experience; experience in
membership programs and sales is a plus; experience in high-end
face-to-face customer service is desired.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and follow through on membership
- Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all staff.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Basic math and computer skills in Microsoft Office are
required; knowledge of point of sale programs is desired
(instruction in development database programs will be
- Must be reliable, punctual, accountable and professional.
- Must be courteous, efficient and possess a positive
- Must have the ability to interact with a diverse patron
- Must have excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn, including staying informed
and current on Reagan Museum exhibits, Library operations, events
and Foundation programs.
- Proven ability to think strategically and adapt well to
- Must have the ability to work shifts of 4-6 hours while
standing or walking around the main lobby area.
- Bachelor---s degree preferred.
- Available to work weekends, evenings, some holidays and special
- Available to work 18-28 hours per
- This is a non-exempt regular part-time position with weekends
required, along with some evenings and holidays.
- This position will be compensated on an hourly basis starting
at $16.50 per hour and employees are eligible for overtime.
- Employees in this role are entitled to commissions based on
- This position offers Paid Time Off (PTO) benefits based on
hours accrued per pay period.
- Employees have the opportunity to participate in a retirement
- The position will be located at The Ronald Reagan Presidential
Foundation and Institute, Simi Valley, California.--Work
Environment/Physical DemandsCharacteristics of the work environment
and physical demands described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. --Work is performed while standing or walking around the
main lobby greeting guests, with occasional bending, reaching,
lifting and carrying of printed materials. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.--How to ApplyTo respond to this
opportunity, please send cover letter and resume to
email@example.com.--The Ronald Reagan Presidential
Foundation and Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.--
Keywords: Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, Simi Valley , Membership Ambassador - Sales, Sales , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!