Company: ARLON GRAPHICS
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Description:Summary: The primary function of the position will be
to ensure that products move in a timely and efficient manner from
the supplier to the end user for both in bound and out bound
domestic and international shipments. The individual will ensure
that the delivery and supply chain processes for the products are
operating smoothly, cost-effectively and safely. Analyze product
delivery or supply chain processes to identify or recommend
changes. The person will manage route activity including invoicing,
electronic bills, shipment tracing and tracking. In addition, the
individual will be required to perform freight analysis in
conjunction with our 3 PL provider to determine the most
cost-effective way to complete shipments of freight. This
individual will be responsible for our direct and indirect duty
drawback program. This is a non exempt position. Roles
- Facilitate the shipping of products from one destination to
another for all our warehouse.
- Arrange transportation and orchestrate deliveries to meet
customer demand with little to no delay.
- Receives products and coordinates delivery for all our buyout
products from our vendors.
- Takes steps to avoid quality control issues for shipments of
- Manages activities throughout the order fulfilment and
transportation cycle to make sure established deadlines are
- Continually reviews freight costs, transportation rates, with
our 3PL partner to keep costs down.
- Streamlines and automate current shipping and transportation
- Maintain databases of logistics information for ocean and small
- Establish performance measurement KPI for logistic
- Establish and facility duty draw back program for Arlon for
direct and indirect drawback program.
- Manage invoicing for Domestic, Ocean and small parcel.
- Establish and streamline processes for International
- Identify and resolve daily service and scheduling issues.
Inform and escalate service issues to management as
- Maintain timely and professional communication with customer
contacts on issues impacting service and overall performance.
- Effectively communicate with customer on a regular and timely
basis regarding issues impacting the customer and/or their service
Responsibilities:Manage/Supervise shipping coordinator in the
Logistic department. Is responsible for the overall direction,
coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and
training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems.Position Type/Expected
Hours of WorkThis is a full-time position. Days and hours of work
are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening
and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.Skills and
- Must embody the Arlon core values of Teamwork, Excellence,
Accountability, Integrity and Inspiration on a daily basis.
- Degree in business administration, logistics, or related field
- 5 years of experience as Transportation Coordinator, supervisor
- Working knowledge of legal regulations
- Working knowledge of domestic and International freight
- Working knowledge of Duty Draw back preferred.
- Understanding of ISO system preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and logistics software
experience is required.
- Excellent communication skills required. Must have the ability
to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written, with all
levels of organization and external suppliers and customers.
- Excellent analytical and strong problem-solving skills.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Office Suite applications
- Good management and organizational skills required.
- SAP experience preferred.Qualification Requirements: To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical
Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee
frequently is required to sit. The employee is frequently required
to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects,
tools, or controls.The employee must frequently lift and/or move up
to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision peripheral vision, depth
perception, the ability to adjust focus and the ability to
distinguish printed colour. The employee must be able to travel 10%
of their time via plane and road, have a valid passport and have a
valid driving license ( for rental vehicles).Other DutiesPlease
note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice.EEO StatementArlon is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
protected status in accordance with all applicable laws. PM18
Keywords: ARLON GRAPHICS, Simi Valley , Logistics Coordinator, Professions , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!