Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning Analyst (SIOP)
Company: Meggitt PLC
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: June 7, 2019
Requisition ID: 37819
Business Unit: Airframe Systems Ventura County (3125)
Simi Valley, CA, United States, 93063
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme
environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense
and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across
manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with
regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Job Location: Simi Valley, California
The Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) Analyst
provides support for developing and maintaining accurate sales
plans, forecasts and detail demand plans for end-items on a regular
basis, is responsible for preparing key analysis with Marketing and
Sales information, Customer or A/C forecasts and historical trend
data, and other information that builds the case for use of the
best sales forecast for driving master planning and developing the
best demand plan (least forecast error). This role will include
supporting Operations with capacity reviews and supporting Supply
Chain with PFEP analysis.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Develops and maintaining integration metrics with regular
* Develop and improve forecasting/demand management tools and
* Support the development of market outlooks and assumptions,
aircraft build rate projections (i.e. rollouts), market analyses,
* Support the monthly SIOP review and corporate reporting process,
to ensure demand drive is linked to customer requirements.
* Communicate significant forecast changes with buyer/planners to
alert to possible procurement actions required (SIOP Alert).
* Prepare data for monthly SIOP demand review meetings with
sales/product management, operations, and engineering for forecast
collaboration. This would also include the preparation of SIOP
related data to support corporate initiatives.
* Utilize modeling to develop forecasts that support OEM build
schedules and MRO service center material requirements.
* Supporting role in coordinating and improving the existing SIOP
* Perform work with intermittent direction
* Support department goals and be a strong team player
* Any other task assigned by your supervisor or management
INITIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Create and maintain excel based forecasting models for a set of
assigned products. The forecast profile reflects the required
product / customer, forecasting horizon, frequency of update, and
forecasting time buckets which are specified by the planned SIOP
(Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning) process.
* Work closely with Contract Administration, Sales & Marketing and
Engineering to review/assess the key inputs of their forecasts and
customer forecasts (if available).
* Develop analysis to improve forecasts that include factors
outside the Demand Planning application--such as customer
forecasts, and production actions.
* Develop and report key demand planning process metrics including
forecast error, trend analysis, and other demand behaviors for the
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need
to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional
hours as necessary
Education : Post-secondary degree required
Years Experience : 2-5 years of relevant experience
* General understanding and ability to apply industry principles
concepts, practices and standard of the forecasting/demand planning
* Demonstrated experience developing and implementing solutions for
a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity
* Experienced in analyzing and synthesizing complex and diverse
information in demand planning or procurement for an
* Strong attention to detail, highly organized and the ability to
prioritize with changing situations
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and
verbal), with the ability to drive tasks to completion
* Good analytical skills and judgment to proactively identify and
* Working knowledge of ERP systems; SAP is highly desired
* Intermediate to advanced experience using Microsoft Office Suite,
in particular, MS Excel
This position requires use of information which is subject to the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants
must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a
U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green
Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career
center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation,
contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or
Keywords: Meggitt PLC, Simi Valley , Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning Analyst (SIOP), Professions , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!