Electrical Engineer II
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: October 20, 2018
Electrical Engineer II
Simi Valley, CA
Regular - Full Time
Who We Are
Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC.
Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer II to join our TMS (Tactical Missile Systems) team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts general engineering and design of electronic systems on Small UAVs.
- Works with avionics, embedded systems and RF links.
- Performs design and analysis tasks.
- Documents designs with engineering drawings and written descriptions.
- Writes fabrication and test procedures.
- Trouble-shoots complex systems.
- Supports flight test operations, some travel may be required.
- Performs design engineering using electronic software.
- Performs performance analysis of designs.
- Performs electronic engineering support activities on R&D projects.
Required Qualifications & Background
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, advanced degree a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in R&D projects, Aerospace experience desired.
- Experience in one or more areas: Analog, RF, FPGA, embedded control.
- Familiarity with PCB design process a plus, experience with Altium a plus.
- Familiarity with HDL programming a plus.
- Familiarity with video processing a plus.
- Familiarity with power systems (supplies, batteries, chargers) a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot complex systems.
- General Engineering fundamentals, mathematics, physics, material properties.
- Flight test or R/C experience a plus, hands-on experience with tools a plus.
- Familiarity with Small UAV subsystems and associated software a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written skills - Leadership experience - Team Player.
- Familiarity with software tools in their area of expertise.
- Familiarity with office software and computer based productivity tools.
Additional Requirement: This position requires you have access to data and technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. To meet this qualification you must be a current U.S. Person and provide documentation as such. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship.
Benefits: AV offers a great benefits package, 401K with company matching, and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit http://www.avinc.com/myavbenefits.
We also encourage you to review our company website at http://www.avinc.com to learn more about us.
Principals only need apply. NO agencies please.
What We Do
Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition.
AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Electrical Engineer II, Professions , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!