Plant Maintenance Technician
Company: Waste Management
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Pay Range: $30 and up depending on experience
What is the value of a WM job?
The value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It's a way to create
opportunities for you and your family.---
We Are Stable:---Our WM team is home every day, and our team
members---perform essential and meaningful work.
We Are Committed to Growth:---100% tuition paid fo r benefits
eligible employees and---their family, and established career
We Are Investing in You:---Amazing Medical, Dental & Vision, 401K
with match, discounted stock options, dependent day care, and
Who are we? #WeAreWM
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Plant Maintenance Technician is responsible for monitoring and
maintaining the operation of all plant systems and equipment.
Including but not limited to balers, conveyor belts, gearboxes,
electrical motors, pulleys, shafts and bearings. This position must
respond to all system failures by taking appropriate corrective
action by completing or assigning the repairs needed to ensure that
systems are operational and are functioning safely and efficiently.
This position generally reports to the Plant Maintenance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Performs repairs in accordance with Waste Management Safety and
Life Critical Rules and OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act)
- Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PM); diagnose,
repair, and rebuild major equipment/components including but not
limited to balers, conveyors, hydraulic power packs, eddy currents,
electro-magnetic belts, optical sorters, diverters, compressors,
trash compactors, motors, glass breakers, wire tie systems, fans,
pumps, forklifts, front-end loaders and building
- Maintains DEI (Daily Equipment Inspections) backlog.
- Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production
schedules and advises Sr. Plant Maintenance Manager if additional
work is needed, or cannot be completed within the Standard Repair
- Inspects the quality of third party repairs and or
- Recommends measures to improve production, equipment
performance and product quality
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Ability to perform under limited supervision.
- Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include nights and
weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with
Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with
established safety procedures.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required
- Experience: 2 year(s) of relevant work
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Proficient in welding and fabrication.
- Have knowledge of single and three phase electrical
- Have knowledge of electrical control systems.
- Have knowledge of hydraulic systems.
- Have knowledge of pneumatic systems, including air
- Safely operates tools and equipment needed during the repair
and servicing of equipment.
- Diagnose defects and repair a variety of equipment and
- Technicians are required to provide their own basic tools to
perform routine maintenance and repairs of equipment.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arms, hands, fingers,
- Required to engage in physical activity that includes pushing,
pulling, bending and lifting objects more than __ pounds.
- Required to work from ladders or raised platforms.
- Required to stand or work on concrete floors most of the work
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt,
odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the
- Normal setting for this job is material recycle facilities,
repair/maintenance facility, outdoors or other facilities.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and
in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.
Keywords: Waste Management, Simi Valley , Plant Maintenance Technician, Professions , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!