Manager, Electrical Engineering (US Citizen) - Simi Valley, CA
Company: Altimeter Solutions
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: August 8, 2022
- The Electrical Engineering Manager provides technical
leadership for a team supporting the fixed site and mobile antenna
product lines in development, production, and sustaining efforts
for customer programs.
- Directly involved in the design, integration, and test of all
aspects of the electrical design of the antenna systems A high
level of technical content and participation in proposals, design,
test, and sustainment of the products is anticipated with this
- This position reports to the Director of Antenna Pedestal
- Responsible for determining staffing requirements and adjusting
staffing levels as necessary to ensure that the department's
workface is appropriately staffed with qualified individuals.
- Leads the team in defining requirements, planning and executing
project plans, participating in design reviews, and supporting
production release of modified or new products, as well as
addressing obsolescence of currently fielded systems.
- Assigns, tracks, and controls department activities to ensure
that department responsibilities are met, and product designs
conform to their requirements.
- Provides direction and training to engineers and ensure
compliance with department standards and policies.
- Performs annual departmental performance appraisal
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of the departmental
budget as needed.
- Reviews product specifications, and generates system and
module-level block diagrams, flow diagrams, and design
- Designs, tests, and integrates hardware sub-systems and
- Supports product processes, such as BOM's (Bill of Materials)
and ECO's (Engineering Change Order).
- Supports program and proposal processes, such as BOE's (Basis
of Estimate) and EAC's (Estimate at Completion), as well as
schedules generation and updates.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and a minimum of nine years of
direct experience in the field or equivalent is required or
Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related
- Experience using schematic design and hardware simulation tools
required, preferably PADS or OrCAD and PSpice.
- Experience in real time control systems for small- and
large-scale mechanical structures required. Experience with both
classical control systems, as well as state space controllers is a
- Must be effective in a lab environment using lab equipment such
as oscilloscopes, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers,
multimeters, and signal generators.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience designing analog and digital circuits both from a
custom design as well as COTS assembly design perspective.
- Familiar with Microwave transmit and receive systems.
- Familiar with Servos and control system design.
- Familiar with electronics design, power systems, and cabling
- Experience with hands-on EMI design and test.
- Experience with MATLAB.
- Experience using LabVIEW software.
- Able to work closely with mechanical engineers to consider
thermal and other design trade-offs.
Please see our website for more job openings:
Keywords: Altimeter Solutions, Simi Valley , Manager, Electrical Engineering (US Citizen) - Simi Valley, CA, Professions , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!