Waste Handler - 3rd Shift
Company: Clean Harbors
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: January 7, 2022
The Opportunity:Clean Harbors - Camarillo, CA is looking for a
Waste Handler to join our safety conscious team! This position
works both indoors and outdoors at the customer site. and are
responsible for the performance of tasks associated with handling
and loading of hazardous materials on a customer site including
household hazardous waste (HHW) collections. This position will
work at one location in a hospital/lab facility and is NOT a
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages; (Hourly Pay; Time & 1/2 after 40hr)
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of
- Ensure that Health & Safety is the number one priority by
complying with all safe work practices policies and processes and
acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Collect chemical pickups throughout customer facility as
- Conduct chemical bulking/consolidation as required.
- Proper packaging of waste to maximize efficiency and maintain
- Attend all compliance and safety update meetings.
- Inspect drums for container integrity and regulatory
- Operate forklift in a safe manner.
- Safe loading and unloading of waste hauling vehicles.
- Conduct waste stream sampling and profiling as necessary.
- Assist with all Clean Harbors activities on site as
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by
management required by the needs of the Clean Harbors
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ years of related work experience.
- 40 Hour OSHA, DOT and Forklift Training.
- Attention to detail, able to take and follow direction, and to
perform multiple tasks.
- Grade 4 Industrial Wastewater License preferred
- Proficiency in Windows based applications preferred.
- Ability to interface with customers.
- Ability to obtain Class B cdl in the future
Clean Driving record, for the purposes of CHESI employment,
- No DUI/DWI in past 3 years
- No preventable accidents in the past year
- No more than 2 preventable accidents in the last 3 years
- No serious moving violations in past 3 years, i.e., Reckless
driving, Driving to endanger, Open alcohol containers, etc.
- No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years.
- Requires frequent standing, lifting, pushing, pulling,
carrying, reaching, grasping, stooping, crouching, climbing,
speaking, listening, sitting, and walking.
- Requires the manual lifting of up to 80 pounds.Employment is
contingent upon a successful background check and drug screen. Some
positions also require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work
eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean
Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading
provider of environmental, energy and industrial services
throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico.
Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site,
providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We
are solving tough problems through innovation and proven
methodology - come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our
company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit
us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
For additional information about driver career opportunities,
please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-323-7483)
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis
of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Keywords: Clean Harbors, Simi Valley , Waste Handler - 3rd Shift, Professions , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!