Continuous Improvement Specialist
Company: Meggitt PLC
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: February 3, 2020
Requisition ID: 43214
Business Unit: Airframe Systems Ventura County (3125)
Simi Valley, CA, United States, 93063
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme
environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense
and energy markets. We employ over 12,000 people across
manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with
regional bases in India and the Middle East. Job Designation
Primary responsibility for the development and deployment of the
tools, methods and processes that make up the Meggitt Production
System (MPS), including Lean Management Systems, Six Sigma, and
Lean & Waste elimination approaches key to MPS system
effectiveness. Ability to lead and facilitate lean kaizen events to
drive business performance improvement. Ability to define problems,
collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Job
1. The development and deployment of the tools, methods and
processes that make up the Meggitt Production System including Lean
Management Systems, Six Sigma, and Lean & Waste elimination
2. Site and functional engagement accountability for systematic
multiyear roll out of MPS within the site & functional area.
3. Analysis of 'as-is' state, 'to-be' state VSM development, gap
analysis, development of foundational pre-requisites
4. Baseline 'as-is' learning/knowledge/skills/expertise and ensure
leading practice knowledge is leveraged across the site
5. Support the establishment of learning, certification , and a
core approach for key tools, methods and MPS elements
6. Internal and external customer satisfaction. Serve as a
facilitator in conducting MPS training and lean kaizen events
(Standard Work, Transactional Process Improvement, Variation
Reduction, Total Productive Maintenance, etc).
7. Be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate support of
Meggitt Production System (MPS), lean and continuous improvement
principles; teamwork, cooperation, respect, and integrity.
8. Prepare and track project budgets and schedules.
9. Collaborate with peers and department manager to determine key
goals and objectives, and corresponding metrics, to be completed
during a determined period (usually one year). Review and amend
these actions as appropriate. Focus on timely achievement of these
goals and objectives.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, industrial, supply chain
management or equivalent technical field
* 3+ years of directly related experience in Operating Systems
deployment, Lean Mfg, Six Sigma/DMAIC methodology
* 3+ years of direct experience leading manufacturing/MRO
* Demonstrated experience in deployment of Lean Manufacturing,
Kaizen events, and continuous improvement techniques
* Demonstrated experience deploying such system as MPS at a large
industrial company (Fortune/FTSE 100)
This position requires use of information which is subject to the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants
must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a
U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green
Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Meggitt PLC, Simi Valley , Continuous Improvement Specialist, Other , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!