Chemist I (GC-MS)
Company: Kelly Services
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: July 2, 2019
Chemist I (GC-MS) - Simi Valley, CA
This position will require GC analytical techniques, therefore we
are looking for an enthusiastic chemist, with a BS in Chemistry or
related field, who is willing to embrace these new challenges and
think outside the box for solutions to problems for our clients.
The individual must be self-motivated and willing to help enhance
methodologies and current techniques to aid efficiency. They also
must be capable of working independently and in a team setting.
Candidate must have excellent comprehensive, verbal communication
and written skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze sample following EPA, ASTM and TO methodologies.
- Document activities and report results in a concise and
- Evaluate, approve, and analyze the results of QC samples.
- Identify and report quality problems to the supervisor or QA
- Perform routine instrument maintenance procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in a scientific field (Chemistry,
- Minimum of 1+ years' experience in a testing laboratory.
- Possess a general knowledge of organic chemistry fundamentals;
ability to understand terminology and principals in order to comply
with analytical methods.
- Possess strong computer skills with knowledge in Excel and
Microsoft Word; experience with or ability to learn industry
specific software such as Target and Chemstation and our laboratory
information management system, Horizon in a timely manner.
- Multi-tasked, organized, detail oriented, and possess excellent
problem solving capabilities; will have good time management
capabilities and be able to work independently of supervision.
- Ability to take ownership for meeting goals and objectives;
willing to be accountable for own decisions, and willing to give
100%. Able to look for new ways to accomplish objectives.
- Proficient English verbal and written communication skills with
the ability to communicate well with staff, management and clients
in a professional manner.
For immediate consideration, apply today! Questions? Call Toni at
714.454.8252 OR email at email@example.com
With Kelly, youll have access to some of the worlds
highest-regarded scientific organizations
providing you with opportunities to work on todays most
challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific
pursuits youll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100 companies, and found
opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.You pursued a career in science
to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your careerconnect with us
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly
employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in
connecting thousands more with work through our global network of
talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion.
Visit kellyservices.com and connect
with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.Kelly Services is an
equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual
Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Simi Valley , Chemist I (GC-MS), Other , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!