Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: February 2, 2019
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Meggitt Control Systems - Ventura County (MCS-VC) is in search of a new member to join their growing and thriving Supply Chain team. The Junior Buyer/Planner position is a developmental opportunity for an individual with interest in learning all aspects of the Supply Chain process in an aerospace manufacturing environment. This opportunity is strategically positioned to allow the candidate opportunities for future growth within a maturing Supply Chain organization.
Meggitt is looking for an individual with the ability to drive efficiencies in supporting the Supply Chain team. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to creating and analyzing daily reports that support Supply Chain Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), assisting the team with purchase order placement, expediting and delivery date tracking to support customers, and production work order creation / closure.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Defines the required purchases or deliverables by planning, scheduling and monitoring the movement of materials, goods or services throughout the product life cycle
- Utilizes SAP and MRP in the planning, monitoring, and launching of production work orders and outside process orders in support of Operations' objectives, on time customer order fulfillment, and various materials' objectives like inventory optimization
- Works on a wide variety of complex planning activities where production techniques are new or variable
- Initiates purchase orders and amendments for parts, services, and/or special tools
- Planes recent schedules and inventory control parameters for products and services, consistent with requirements or as arranged with requisition
- Works from engineering plans and production specifications to establish production schedules, labor loading and capacity requirements
- Arranges for submission and inspection of products as required and assures timely execution of products and service sourcing activities
- Reschedules in case of design changes, labor and material shortages, backlogs and other interruptions
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years Experience : 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of procurement/planning best practices and experience with managing tight development program deadlines in aerospace/manufacturing environment
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems; SAP experience preferred
- Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Solves complex problems and exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), with ability to drive tasks to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and database management tools
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.
Apply now --
Start apply with LinkedIn
Start apply with Xing
Start apply with Seek
Keywords: MEGGITT, Simi Valley , Buyer/Planner (Temp), Other , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!