Sr. IT Security Specialist
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: November 25, 2018
Sr. IT Security Specialist
Simi Valley, CA
Regular - Full Time
We are currently seeking a Sr. IT Security Specialist to join our team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for support of classified computing activities for the company.
- ISSM with hands-on activity in support of classified computing activities & programs
- Support classified computing area lifecycle activities - request initiation, development, maintenance, monitoring, documentation, audit, and disestablishment of systems.
- Experience supporting DSS, DARPA and OGA audits.
- Experience working with OBMS, JSIG, SAPF and SCIF
- Responsible for appropriate submittals to ODAA and maintenance of records submitted.
- Work with federal agencies according to required government processes.
- Manage systems (IS) according to MSSP.
- Update MSSP and IS Plans as necessary.
- Provide incident and security systems and response support and problem resolution. Identify, analyze and respond to potential malware, data leak, and investigative activities.
- System Hardening
Required Qualifications & Background
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- 3 years' experience as an ISSM, 7-9 years in related experience
- Experience as an ISSO
- Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
- Worked with government classified Special Access Program implementation and audit. RMF preparation, submittal, approval
- Able to apply U.S. Government regulations and DoD Directive 8570
- Deep understanding of NISPOM Chapter 8; ability to execute requirements as outlined
- CISSP or CISM - Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 3 or Information Assurance Manager Level 3 @ hire or within 6 months of the date of hire.
- Experience configuring, installing and supporting MS Windows OS, LINUX, and hardware/application software.
- Experience supporting and auditing classified communications systems a plus (such as SIPRNET, COMSEC)
- Installing and supporting printers, projectors and other technology equipment.
- Must have outstanding customer service attitude and skill sets and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies as needed.
Other Qualifications and Background
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with peers, customers, through to Sr. Management.
- Able to explain requirements and show active listening skills to understand the needs of the customer
- Works well with other team members, support site FSO team
- Able to excel in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Display strong initiative and drive to accomplish goals and meet company objectives
- Is committed to learning from mistakes and driven to improve and/or enhance the optimization of yourself, others and the company
- Has broad knowledge of programs and needs based on customers and contracts
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks within schedule and budget.
- Able to make critical decisions to best protect the company and support the need required
- Detail oriented, strong adherence to government requirements; able to identify repeatable solutions that meet audit requirements
- Maintain a thorough understanding of NIST 800-53 controls
This position requires the use of information which is subject to compliance with International Traffic Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or, green card holder), protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship.
Benefits: AV offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental vision, 401K with company matching, a 9/80 work schedule and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit: http://www.avinc.com/myavbenefits.
We also encourage you to review our company website at http://www.avinc.com to learn more about us.
Principals only need apply. NO agencies please.
Who We Are
Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC.
Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed.
What We Do
Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition.
AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Sr. IT Security Specialist, Other , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!