Sr. Staff System Test Engineer
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: November 23, 2018
Sr. Staff System Test Engineer Location Simi Valley, CA Employment type Regular - Full Time ID 315 Apply Now We are currently seeking a Sr. Staff System Test Engineer to join our Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems (TUAS) team. Required Qualifications & Background
- BS degree in Engineering Field (Systems, Electrical, Computer, etc.), MS preferred in Computer Science, Aero-Mechanical Eng., Electrical Eng. Mechanical Eng.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in a Systems Engineering role
- Familiarity with electronics and systems related to image collection and analysis
- Experience in taking a product from concept to production; working with Contract Manufacturers a plus
- Demonstrable clear oral communication, as well as well-organized documentation skills
- Experience Managing Requirements traceability and evolution through the System development cycle.---
- Experience providing weekly Status of System development progress with requirements burn down.---
- Experience Allocating Requirements to Subsystem & Engineering coordination.---
- Experience Evaluating System performance thresholds and providing direction.---
- Experience Developing Instrumented Flight Test vectors and Data acquisition.---
- Experience providing input for model development and simulation analysis.---
- Experience Developing Systems Test Plans/Procedures/Reports.---
- Experience Reviewing and Interpreting Customer Specification.---
- Aerospace Systems Engineering Experience a plus. ---
- An understanding of Aircraft Terminology is a plus. ITAR Requirement: This position requires the use of information which is subject to compliance with International Traffic Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or, green card holder), protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship. Benefits: AV offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental vision, 401K with company matching, a 9/80 work schedule and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit: We also encourage you to review our company website at to learn more about us. Principals only need apply. NO agencies please. Who We Are Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC. Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed. What We Do Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition. AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Sr. Staff System Test Engineer, Other , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!