Sr. Staff Systems Engineer (Missile Systems)
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: October 26, 2018
Sr. Staff Systems Engineer (Missile Systems) Location Simi Valley, CA Employment type Regular - Full Time ID 239 Apply Now Who We Are Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC. Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed. We are currently seeking a Sr. Staff Systems Engineer with Missile Systems expertise to join our TMS (Tactical Missile Systems) team. Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage requirements traceability and evolution through the system development cycle.
- Provide weekly status of system development progress with requirements burn down.
- Allocate requirements to subsystems & coordinate with design engineers.
- Evaluate system performance thresholds and provide direction.
- Provide input for model development and simulation analysis.
- Develop systems test plans, procedures and reports.
- Review and interpret customer specifications. Required Qualifications & Background
- U.S. Citizenship required
- BS degree in Engineering (e.g., Systems, Electrical, Computer, etc.); advanced degree preferred in Aerospace Eng., Computer Science, Aero-Mechanical Eng., Electrical Eng., Mechanical Eng., or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in a systems engineering role.
- Extensive background in design, development, test, certification, and production of missile systems.
- 3+ years of experience in technical leadership role for missile design and development.
- Able to excel in a fast-paced, deadline---driven environment, where small teams share a broad variety of duties.
- Familiar with electronics and systems related to image collection and analysis.
- Has demonstrated clear oral communication and well-organized documentation skills.
- Have managed requirements traceability and evolution through the system development cycle.
- Has experience of providing weekly status of system development progress with requirements burn down.
- Has allocated requirements to subsystem & engineering coordination.
- Have evaluated system performance thresholds and provided direction.
- Have provided input for model development and simulation analysis.
- Has developed systems test plans, procedures and reports and reviewed and interpreted customer specification.
- Possesses comprehensive understanding of aircraft terminology and missile testing to military standards.
- Experience in taking a product from concept to production with contract manufacturers a plus.
- Current security clearance, or the ability to obtain a clearance, would be a plus. Additional Requirement: This position requires you have access to data and technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. To meet this qualification you must be a current U.S. Person and provide documentation as such. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship. Benefits: AV offers a great benefits package, 401K with company matching, and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit We also encourage you to review our company website at to learn more about us. Principals only need apply. NO agencies please. What We Do Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition. AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Sr. Staff Systems Engineer (Missile Systems), Other , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!