Systems Engineer III -
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: October 25, 2018
Systems Engineer III
Simi Valley, CA
Regular - Full Time
Who We Are
Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC.
Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed.
We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer III to join our team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Systems Engineer tasks supporting the definition, development, design, integration, documentation, testing, and certification of UAS. Tasks include generating and documenting design requirements.
- Investigate operational concepts, develop requirements, and translate requirements into system architecture on current and future UAS.
- Analyze system performance requirements and allocate derived requirements to lower level subsystems.
- Assist with analyses to evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters, and assure compatibility of all physical, functional, and program interfaces.
- Conduct analyses for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, flightworthiness certification, and other factors into a recommended architecture to ensure mission success.
- Develop and maintain subsystem specifications, analyses, test validation plans, and test verification plans.
- Participate in defining verification and validation testing of UAS systems and subsystems.
- Provide engineering support for AeroVironment products during integration into other systems.
Required Qualifications & Background
- BS degree in Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical or related field or equivalent is required. MS is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in engineering projects including research and development efforts, Verification & Validation testing, and systems engineering aspects of the projects' life-cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully contribute to successful short term projects (3 - 9 months) utilizing state of the art technology.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Aerospace and/or UAV experience including aircraft avionics, payloads, and their interfaces a plus.
- Good interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills. Good listening, questioning, clarifying and summarizing skills to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group settings.
- Ability to meet engineering schedule demands in a dynamic environment requiring strong project and time management skills.
- A willingness to travel, on occasion.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, and issue tracking, requirements management systems.
Additional Requirement: This position requires you have access to data and technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. To meet this qualification you must be a current U.S. Person and provide documentation as such. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship.
Benefits: AV offers a great benefits package, 401K with company matching, and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit http://www.avinc.com/myavbenefits.
We also encourage you to review our company website at http://www.avinc.com to learn more about us.
Principals only need apply. NO agencies please.
What We Do
Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition.
AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Systems Engineer III -, Other , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!