Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: October 15, 2018
Buyer II Location Simi Valley, CA Employment type Regular - Full Time ID 285 Apply Now Who We Are Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC. Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed. We are currently seeking a Buyer II to join our team. Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and procure various commodities such as Plastics, machined parts, electronic components, cables, etc.
- Run Oracle MRP action report and execute action messages daily per plan.
- Initiate RFQ/RFPs and evaluate supplier bids as required.
- Manage and develop supplier relationships to reduce costs, improve & maintain quality, and ensure on-time delivery of purchased materials.
- Responsible for supplier selection and award, including release of standard POs and blanket POs as required.
- Process and coordinate timely returns of defective product with supplier, Quality, and Accounting
- Review and action ECO, MCO, and Deviations as required for assigned commodities.
- Interface with suppliers, QA, and Engineering to resolve quality issues.
- Provide accurate information to planning
- Work with finance to resolve Accounting discrepancies in a timely manner
- Assist with other procurement/material projects as assigned by the Supply Chain Manager. Required Qualifications & Background
- Familiar with FAR/DFAR procurement clauses. U.S. Persons required
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Business, or Accounting or APICS or ISM cert preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of buying experience preferred
- Proven experience in various processes as it relates to assigned commodity, i.e. CNC, injection molding, etc.
- Ability to negotiate terms and pricing for materials and services is critical.
- Ability to read and comprehend drawing specification sheets is a must.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook email.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A customer-service oriented attitude is required.
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision and in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly organized and able to multi-task.
- Strong sense of urgency to place orders and ensure timely delivery
- Oracle experience strongly preferred Additional Requirement: This position requires you have access to data and technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. To meet this qualification you must be a current U.S. Person and provide documentation as such. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship. Benefits: AV offers a great benefits package, 401K with company matching, and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit We also encourage you to review our company website at to learn more about us. Principals only need apply. NO agencies please. What We Do Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition. AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Buyer II, Other , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!