Industrial Security Rep III
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: October 8, 2018
Industrial Security Rep III Location Simi Valley, CA Employment type Regular - Full Time ID 274 Apply Now Who We Are Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC. Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed. We are currently seeking an Industrial Security Rep III to join our team. Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist candidates and Facility Security Officer/Corporate Security Mgr. regarding Personnel Security matters.
- Familiar with NISPOM policy, procedures and regulations for DoD, Government programs, and Special Program.
- Assist FSO and Industrial Rep Supervisor to track, review, and submit personnel security clearance applications for investigations and reinvestigations.
- Oversees all employee cleared and non-cleared employees badging.
- Ensure visitors, consultants, vendors, and government representatives are compliant with AeroVironment policy/procedures.
- Working knowledge of JPAS systems to submit clearances, terminations, separations, indoctrinations, upgrades, downgrades.
- Familiar with NATO/Cryptographic access. Monitors JPAS daily for visit notifications (changes in personnel clearance eligibility, incidents, declinations).
- Initiate fingerprints for personnel being considered for an initial clearance using SWFT system.
- Track cleared personnel derivative training certificates in learning mgmt. system. Ensure SF312 debriefings are tracked and filed electronically. ------
- Assist and prepare for DSS Security Vulnerability Assessments.
- Assist as assigned annual Self-Inspection areas for the facility reviews. Work with FSO facility clearance Self Inspection Check List. Required Qualifications & Background
- Must obtain and maintain active Top Secret clearance within 1 week of employment.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of relevant Industrial Security facility areas skills and knowledge.
- Must be able to work closely with government customers, security counterparts, and Program, Managers to ensure the successful execution of program activity.
- Independent, agile self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Confident and experienced in the security arena.
- As a condition of employment, you are able to obtain maintain TS clearance in order to respond to AeroVironment business needs. --Background investigation performed within the last five years.
- Experience with a diverse group of customers interpreting and applying numerous security requirements including the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and DoD Manuals 5205.07, Vol 1 - 4 requirements and others as applicable, Policy/Procedures, WinPak, Hirsch system badging systems. Additional Requirement: This position requires you have access to data and technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. To meet this qualification you must be a current U.S. Person and provide documentation as such. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship. Benefits: AV offers a great benefits package, 401K with company matching, and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit We also encourage you to review our company website at to learn more about us. Principals only need apply. NO agencies please. What We Do Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition. AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Industrial Security Rep III, Other , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!