Sr. Contracts Administrator
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: September 29, 2018
Sr. Contracts Administrator Location Simi Valley, CA
Employment type Regular - Full Time
Who We Are
Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC.
Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Contracts Administrator to join our team and support our TMS division.
The Senior Contracts Administrator will support the mission of the AeroVironment Contracts Department by providing excellence in Contracts Administration to internal and external customers. You must possess expert knowledge and understanding of professional Contracts Administration within the aerospace and defense industry. The Senior Contracts Administrator supports the bid, capture and contract negotiation processes, and then ensures efficient performance throughout the life of each contract, supporting amendments and interpretations as necessary.
This is a fast-paced job that demands that you are flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances. You must be extremely organized and an expert at time management. You must be results oriented. Detail orientation is a must in this role.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Contracts Administrator will perform a wide variety of Contract Administrative functions required to support the Contracts Department and customers, both internal and external.
- Work with the Contracts Manager and other functions including Sales, Strategy and Marketing, Finance, and the Legal team on bid and proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract review and administration for new and sustaining products.
- Responsible for generating compliance matrices and making recommendations in accordance with AeroVironment policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with contracting policies, laws and regulations, including but not limited to Federal Acquisition Regulations, Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplements, Cost Accounting Standards, Export Administration Regulations and International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
- Perform as point-of-contact for assigned customer portfolio and serve as customer interface on pre-contract and active contract activities.
- Manage and monitor performance of long-term contracts and agreements. Analyze and concisely summarize contractual obligations, commitments and performance for internal stakeholders. Analyze impact of modifications and revisions to contract terms and prepare recommendations and risk reviews for management.
- Coordinate flow-downs of terms and conditions with all functional departments including program management, engineering, product support, finance, quality, supply chain management, manufacturing, as required. Assist other Contracts Administrators in ensuring the customer is compliant with the terms and conditions.
- Work closely with AV's trade compliance staff to identify and communicate potential trade compliance issues and resolution paths.
- Key contributor to continuous improvement and implementation of company procedures and contract management processes.
- Provide customer status and other reports as directed by the Contracts Director.
- Monitor contract information and stay up to date on customer portals.
- Load contractual information onto AeroVironment business systems and pull reports as necessary.
- Maintain detailed and organized Contracts files
- Prepare contract briefs and change notices.
- Work with Data Management to submit CDRL data deliverables to customers
- Maintain contract change and correspondence logs
- Redline contract Terms and Conditions on RFPs and RFQs
- Evaluate proposals for accuracy and compliance with AV Terms and Conditions and export regulations, prepare and submit quotes
- Participate in proposal planning
- Process all purchase orders from our international customers
- Ensures all contract purchase order requirements are accurately translated into the company's order entry system
- Work closely with Program Managers and Quality Engineers in an effort to streamline the contract fulfillment process
- Submit Government contracts into WAWF/IRAPT for DCMA acceptance. Creates UIDs in WAWF
- Liaison with Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) for sources, inspections and quality checks
- Process shipment documents for orders
- Provide the highest customer service experience to our domestic and international customers and internal customers
- Maintain an accurate audit file for each contract, which will include original contract, all correspondences, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, etc.
- Ability to work with varying seniority levels, including staff, managers and external partners
- Work with other Contract Administrators to identify and consolidate critical contract data.
- Manage and provide controlled access to hardcopy and electronic contract documents/files and contract data.
- Support maintenance and retrieval of contract documents/files and validated data, preparation of reports and participation in status reviews.
- Provide support for processing and documentation of AV Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs).
- Manage logistical arrangements for implementation of contracts oriented training.
- Perform research and report findings in support of resolution of contracts related compliance requirements, problems, issues, opportunities, etc. Required Qualifications & Background
- Associate and/or Bachelor degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 6 years performing comparable duties and responsibilities in an aerospace/ defense/government contracting environment.
- Highly organized individual with the ability to conduct business in a professional manner. Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with all levels of personnel.
- Aerospace and defense experience.
- Ability and willingness to learn and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously without sacrificing quality or timeliness.
- Excellent critical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills
- Professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Working knowledge of federal acquisition process, government contracting principles and regulations (e.g., FAR, DFARS, contract-specific flow downs, etc.).
- Understanding of contractual terms and conditions and high-risk terms.
- Knowledge of ITAR, EAR and related U.S. regulations
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Process oriented, results and deadline driven.
- Familiarity with finance and accounting procedures
- Is committed to learning from mistakes and driven to improve and enhance performance of oneself, others, and the company.
- Able to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, where small teams share a broad variety of duties Additional Requirement: This position requires you have access to data and technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. To meet this qualification you must be a current U.S. Person and provide documentation as such. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship.
Benefits: AV offers a great benefits package, 401K with company matching, and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit
We also encourage you to review our company website at to learn more about us.
Principals only need apply. NO agencies please.
What We Do
Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition.
AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Sr. Contracts Administrator, Other , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!