Flight Test System Engineer II -
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: September 19, 2018
Flight Test System Engineer II Location Simi Valley, CA Employment type Regular - Full Time ID 242 Apply Now Who We Are Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC. Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed. We are currently seeking a Flight Test System Engineer II--- to join our Tactical Missile Systems (TMS) team. Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop System Test Plans, execute simulator and flight tests, and document test results.
- Determine and communicate flight test objectives.
- Develop test cards that meet flight test objectives.
- Participate in flight readiness reviews, test briefs, and post-test debriefs.
- Ensure test assets are prepared to support testing, including proper configuration of product hardware and software, writing test cards and procedures, and maintaining test equipment.
- Capture test activities, fill in test data sheets, and transfer telemetry files to the network.
- Capture test failure details in defect reports, using an issue tracking system database.
- Position requires 10-30% travel. Required Qualifications & Background
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Bachelor's degree in software, systems, or aerospace engineering.
- 2+ years' experience in related industry, including conducting system or flight tests
- Excellent communication skills, including: documenting test plans, procedures, and reports; verbally directing UAV Operators and Observers during flight tests; capturing system test requirements; recording test failures; and reporting test results.
- Understanding of the functionality of major aircraft sub-systems and avionics.
- Ability to determine regression test requirements based on specific sub-system modifications.
- Ability to develop ad-hoc tests to troubleshoot test failures.
- Ability to analyze large test data sets using software tools, like MATLAB or Excel.
- Responsible for estimating time required to conduct testing and completing assigned tasks within project schedule.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work well with others across disciplines. Preferred Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Preferred candidate will have the ability to work with product development engineers to derive test requirements based on product specifications and modifications.
- Experience as a pilot or aircrew member would be beneficial.
- Secret or Top Secret clearance, or the ability to obtain a clearance, would be a plus. Additional Requirement: This position requires you have access to data and technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. To meet this qualification you must be a current U.S. Person and provide documentation as such. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship. Benefits: AV offers a great benefits package, 401K with company matching, and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit We also encourage you to review our company website at to learn more about us. Principals only need apply. NO agencies please. What We Do Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition. AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Flight Test System Engineer II -, Other , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!