Company: Ross Dress For Less
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*!!Ross dress for Less is now hiring!!*
* Flexible schedules
* 20% store discount
* Career growth
* Employee stock purchase plan
* Competitive Pay
_*OPEN INTERVIEWS THIS WEEKEND FROM 10AM-12PM.*_
*Call store for a different interview time.*
_*Simi Valley- (805) 583-4991*_
_ *2845 Cochran St Simi Valley, CA 93065*_
*Make things faster by Applying online at jobs.rossstores.com*
*Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger---* At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
*GENERAL PURPOSE: *
The Retail Associate is responsible for ensuring our Customers have
a positive shopping experience. The Associate makes eye contact,
smiles, and greets all Customers in a courteous and friendly
manner, treats fellow Associates with respect, efficiently follows
all company best practice standards as outlined in all work
centers, maintains a clean work area at all times, and ensures
proper merchandise presentation. The Retail Associate is expected
to be engaged in these tasks as assigned during all working hours
and will be expected to perform a range of functions in all areas
of the Store as business needs require.; The Associate may be
requested to perform additional tasks in specific situations, if
performance of these tasks will help achieve our Customer service
and operational goals.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: *
* Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices
safe behaviors in everything they do.
* Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to create
a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone. Maintains
clutter free, clear egress to emergency exits. Immediately corrects
or reports any unsafe conditions or practices to Store
* Treats all Customers and Associates with respect and courtesy; is
friendly and professional at all times. Recognizes fellow
Associates using Company recognition programs.
* Assists Customers in any way necessary - is register-trained,
assists Customers with merchandise, and answers Customer questions
in a polite and knowledgeable manner.; Greets all Customers by
making eye contact, smiling and saying "hello" throughout the Store
as well as saying "thank you" with every register transaction.
* Provides prompt and efficient responses to Customers at all
times.; Responds to Customer Service calls immediately.; Handles
all Customer issues in a courteous and helpful way, calling a
member of the Store Leadership when needed.
* Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
* Performs cleaning tasks such as sweeping, mopping, dusting,
wiping counters and mirrors, replenishing restroom supplies, and
disinfecting high-touch areas including the front-end, sales floor
and restrooms to help maintain merchandise, customer and Team
* Maintains a professional appearance and adheres to the Company's
dress code at all times.
* Performs cleaning tasks such as sweeping, mopping, dusting,
wiping counters and mirrors, and replenishing restroom supplies to
help maintain merchandise, customer and Team areas.
* Performs daily assigned sizing and recovery per company best
practice to ensure a neat, clean and organized store that is
well-maintained and efficiently merchandised to standards.
* Expedites newly received merchandise receipts to the sales floor
with a sense of urgency, merchandising all items per company best
practice to the monthly presentation guidelines and maintaining
merchandise/brand name familiarity within departments to assist
* Understands the Loss Prevention Awareness program, the Shortage
Highway, the Store Protection Specialist (SPS) position (where
applicable), and merchandise protection standards.
* As a representative of Ross Inc., demonstrates integrity and
honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers.
Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card
information, and merchandise.
* Follows all Mark-Out-of-Stock (MOS) policies, including the
identification of MOS merchandise, proper processing of each piece
and the notification of Store Leadership to review and approve all
* Follows all policies and procedures concerning cash, check,
charge card and refund transactions, voids and offline procedures.;
Maintains a high level of awareness and accuracy when handling
* Demonstrates a sense of urgency to efficiently perform their
role. Maximizes productivity by executing all Store best practices
and minimizing steps and touches in their work flow.
* Manages Work Processes
* Business Acumen
* Plans, Aligns ; Prioritizes
* Builds Talent
* Leading by Example
* Communicates Effectively
* Ensures Accountability ; Execution
*QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED: *
* Effectively communicate with Customers, Associates and Store
Leadership in a friendly, respectful, cooperative and pleasant
* Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used
in retail environments.
*PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA: *
* Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and
PC as required.
* Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking,
and moving around the Store.
* Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb,
carry, reach, and stoop.
* Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25
* Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and
other assigned supplies.
* Certain assignments may require other qualifications and
* Associates who work Stockroom shifts: Ability to regularly push,
pull and lift more than 20 pounds.
Job Types: Part-time, Seasonal
Pay: $15.00 - $15.50 per hour
* 4 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
* Night shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Ross Dress For Less, Simi Valley , Retail Associate, Other , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!