Physical Therapy Aide
Company: Two Trees Physical Therapy
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Two Trees Physical Therapy & Wellness, a member of the Therapy
Partners Group family of brands has been the premier provider for
outpatient orthopedics serving---Ventura County---and surrounding
communities for over 15 years.* We are known for providing the
highest quality individualized care for our patients and our team
of highly skilled physical therapists---who---are passionate about
helping patients achieve their goals.
*Currently, we are looking for a part time Physical Therapy
Technician for our Simi Valley location.*
*ESSENTIAL POSITION DUTIES*
* Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed
procedures and protocols.
* Prepares patients for physical therapy treatment by welcoming,
comforting, providing and/or assisting patient into physical
therapy apparel (shorts, gowns, etc.)
* Does laundry, maintaining an ample supply of clean linens.
* Under direct supervision of and with co-signature by, records
* Provides information to patients by answering questions and
* Helps treat patients by applying ice or heat packs, helping
patients onto exercise equipment, monitoring motion; tracking
walking time and distance; performing prescribed exercises and
strengthening techniques as requested by PT.
* Educates patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Provides equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering
equipment and supplies to treatment area; positioning equipment for
therapist access; positioning patient on equipment.
* Ensures operation of physical therapy equipment by completing
preventive maintenance requirements.
* Maintains physical therapy supplies inventory by checking stock
to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies and
communicating to person in charge or ordering
* Enhances physical therapy department and organization reputation
by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different
requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job
accomplishments, is a team player.
* Collects garbage at the end of each working day.
* Reports any issues needing resolution to Physical Therapists.
*MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS*
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities*
* Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Strong Customer Service Skills
* Ability to maintain confidential documents
* Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
* Ability to communicate complex information in a well thought-out
easily understood manner, both orally and in writing in a variety
of settings and styles;
* Ability to communicate in an honest, direct and professional
manner, relating well to others to build rapport and effective
* Ability to demonstrate active listening by asking clarifying
questions, identify and share relevant information and solicit
feedback from others and give and receives feedback
* Ability to identify and problem solve
* Strong team player
*Education and Experience*
Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology or related field.
Prior experience in customer service
*Physical Requirements and Working Conditions*
Requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, and stretching.
Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to
operate a keyboard, mouse, photocopier, telephone, calculator and
other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and
eyesight to record, prepare and present reports.
Job Type: Part-time
* Monday to Friday
* Do you have or are you working towards a Bachelor's in
Kinesiology or a related field? If no, do you have relevant skills
or certifications for this role?
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Two Trees Physical Therapy, Simi Valley , Physical Therapy Aide, Other , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!