Small Equipment Operator
Company: Waste Management
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Operates one or two pieces of equipment including but not limited
to baler, front-end loader, bobcat, candensifier or forklift to
transport or bind paper or other loose materials to facilitate
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Sorts and grades material.
- Fills and operates candensifier.
- Records materials or items received or distributed and mark
materials with identifying information.
- Maintains inventory records.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer
- Insures material is being fed properly onto conveyor.
- Coordinates flow of material.
- Starts baler up on time, read monitor, which displays functions
of baler, and reacts quickly to machine prompts and alarms, and
ensures proper operation.
- Monitors and documents downtime.
- Insures safety around working areas.
- Checks quality of material before it is baled or shipped.
- Coordinates with MRF Manager to see what material needs to be
baled or shipped.
- Performs routine maintenance and daily inspection on equipment
such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning.
- Keeps supply of wire on hand for baler.
- Operates loader, forklift, bobcat, or other equipment to move
material to designated area.
- Keeps surrounding work areas clean.
- Unloads, tags, and stacks material in proper rows by raising
and lowering lifting device.
- Loads or unloads materials into or out of trailers and
- Moves material from baler.
- Dumps containers, bins, and gaylords of materials.
- Reads loading, unloading sheets and bills of ladings.
- Completes necessary load and unload tally sheets.
- Inspects and grades wastepaper that is received at plant.
- Ensures vehicle condition reports are filled out properly as
required by corporate guidelines.
- Complies with all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: Six (6) months of previous work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Forklift Certified
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
30 pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of
the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: shop or field.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply."
Keywords: Waste Management, Simi Valley , Small Equipment Operator, Other , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!