PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Serves as the focal part of the care team that is responsible
for all scheduling and dispatching efforts working hand in hand
with area hospitals and acute care facilities for emergent and
non-emergent dialysis care. Liaisons with physicians, hospital
partners and direct and indirect patient care staff to schedule all
patient treatments in a 24/7 environment with the utmost emphasis
on extraordinary patient care service. Support FMCNA's mission,
vision, core values, and customer service philosophy. Adhere to the
FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and
business policy requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Under the direction of direct supervisor oversees and
coordinates the scheduling of direct patient care staff of acute
dialysis treatments, regardless of modality in contracted
* Ensures that staff utilization adheres to efficient
scheduling, meeting the needs of both the physician and hospital
partners as well as effective labor utilization practices.
* Receives and prioritizes all incoming calls in a swift and
proper manner through the use of company approved communication
* Dispatches the appropriate personnel to the assigned facility
(RN, CCHT, BIOMED, etc.) in addition, a dispatcher will make phone
calls to update, add to, inform and facilitate to all FKC
* Accurately schedules staff per modality trained on and updates
* Follows regional established practices as it relates to
communication of assignments and confirmation.
* Oversees hospital equipment and availability for RNs, updates
master tracker as needed and works with the Biomed team for machine
repairs and equipment availability as needed.
* Central point of contact for coordinating with technical team
for timely repairs of disabled machines, coordinate infection
control measures, routine water culturing, water testing, logging
of results, transportation of equipment and supplies. Helps to
ensure accurate equipment inventory lists and logs are ready for
* Assists with new hire orientation for staff as it relates to
specific hours of operations for the hospital contracts as well as
training staff on the scheduling process. Reinforces local call-out
procedures for off-hours and weekend schedules.
* Escalates scheduling matters as it relates to adhering to
hospital contract to direct supervisor.
* Produces scheduling reports as requested. Keeps records per
FMCNA record keeping policies.
* Practices cost containment strategies in all areas to adhere
to hospital contracts as well as desired regional metrics.
* Demonstrates thorough geographic knowledge of all FKC Acute
Program service areas.
* Dispatches all responses to ensure DPC staff arrive within
contracted response time in compliance with the terms and
conditions of the program.
* Assists with billing reconciliation as needed.
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
* The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. * Day to day work includes desk
and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility
staff and physicians.
* This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of being in
front of a computer as well as phone work.
* The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
Maybe exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
* Ability to be on call and work in a 24/7 environment.
* The position may require travel between assigned locations and
various locations within the community as needed.
* Travel to meetings may be required.
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
* High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* 1 - 2 years of customer service experience or dispatch
* Prior scheduling experience in a fast-paced environment
* Familiarity with the Grasshopper, ACES, etc with ability to
pick up systems quickly.
* Prior medical terminology experience preferred.
* Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
* Ability to make sound decisions in a timely manner.
* Proficient in MS Office Suite and communications platforms,
such as Skype and Microsoft Teams.
* Ability to employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive
* Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and remain
professional under high-stress times.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.