Part-time Coordinator - Event Group
Company: The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation & Institute
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute is the
sole nonprofit organization created by President Reagan charged
with continuing his legacy and sharing his principles - individual
liberty, economic opportunity, global democracy and national pride.
The Foundation is a non-partisan organization which sustains the
Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum in Simi Valley, CA,
the Reagan Center for Public Affairs, the Presidential Learning
Center, The Air Force One Pavilion, the award-winning Discovery
Center and the Reagan Institute, which carries out the Foundation's
mission in Washington, D.C. The Reagan Library houses over 55
million pages of Gubernatorial, Presidential and personal papers
and over 60,000 gifts and artifacts chronicling the lives of Ronald
and Nancy Reagan. It also serves as the final resting place of
America's 40th President and his First Lady.
The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation and Institute is
seeking a Coordinator to support the Event Group operations. The
Event Group is responsible for facilitating all aspects of events
that occur on the property including private rentals, Center for
Public Affairs (lectures, book signings, dinners), community
outreach events (exhibit openings and receptions), annual
celebrations (President's Day, 4th of July, and Veteran's Day), and
our Foundation-sponsored social events (Valentine's Dinner and
Dance, Mother's Day Brunch, Father's Day Lunch, Summer Sunset
Dinner series, holiday events, and exhibit lunches). Many of these
events occur on evenings and weekends, including some holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working under the supervision of the Chief Marketing Officer and
Event Group Director, this person will be responsible for the
following duties and any others assigned thereafter:
- Develop and implement a marketing plan for our White House
Luncheons and Barbeque Buffet programs to exceed our revenue goal.
This marketing effort will be put in place to sell this program to
corporations, non-profit organizations, and tour groups. This role
will be accountable for the revenue for this program.
- Plan, execute, and be the lead on all White House Luncheons and
- Office administrative support for a department of three staff
members: answering phones, filing, screening facility rental calls,
checking and communicating phone messages, and returning calls as
- Using Salesforce database for consistent and timely entry of
data primarily focused on new inquires relating to private
- Facilitating post-event follow-up including invoices, thank you
letters, evaluation forms, and related database updates.
- Updating as needed the outgoing phone message for the Event
- Coordinating marketing for the Event Group; creating copy and
facilitating proofing for email blasts, banners, flyers, and ads
for all the Foundation-sponsored events and private rental
- Photograph events with cell phone/camera in order to upload for
- Participating and assisting in preparing and executing specific
tasks and duties for all events as assigned, including but not
limited to the Reagan National Defense Forum, held annually.
- Periodically, will be assigned to secure a facility rental and
be the lead on the event. This includes securing, planning and
executing the event.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational capabilities and the ability to multitask
in order to provide strong support to the Event Team.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and a reliable self-starter.
- Proven sales closer and negotiator.
- Demonstrated good communication skills, written and
- Computer skills in all Microsoft Office programs; strong user
of computers as a work tool; facility with web tools and databases
are preferred; experience with Salesforce would be a big plus.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays for events
(2-4 times per month).
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills with attention
to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated work and time management skills, including
flexibility, punctuality, reliability, and adaptability.
- Experience analyzing and solving problems as well as assessing
- Initiative, integrity, flexibility, and stress tolerance are
- Must possess a positive attitude.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required; college degree
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Characteristics of the work environment and physical demands
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Employee will
be working in an office environment as well as in various locations
and event sites around the property. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- This is a non-exempt, part-time, hourly position, of 25 to 28
hours per week, eligible for overtime.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- This position offers Paid Time Off (PTO) benefits based on
hours accrued per pay period and years of service.
- Employees have the opportunity to participate in a retirement
- The position will be located at The Ronald Reagan Presidential
Foundation and Institute, Simi Valley, California.
Keywords: The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation, Simi Valley , Part-time Coordinator - Event Group, Other , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!