ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to
a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We
continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services
industry, building an enviable reputation. ALS provides a
diversified line of independent analytical services to a wide range
of top-tier customers in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical,
environmental, and food industries. Our diverse laboratories
perform routine and specialty analytical testing for compliance,
safety, certification and verification purposes.
We are known for developing innovative methods to address
complex analytical issues for our clients. This position will
require thermal desorption GCMS analytical techniques, therefore we
are looking for an enthusiastic chemist, with a BS in Chemistry or
related field, who is willing to embrace these new challenges and
think outside the box for solutions to problems. The individual
must be self-motivated and willing to help enhance methodologies
and current techniques to aid efficiency. They also must be capable
of working independently and in a team setting. Candidate must have
excellent comprehensive, verbal communication and written
- Analyze sample following EPA, ASTM and TO methodologies.
- Document activities and report results in a concise and
- Evaluate, approve, and analyze the results of QC samples.
- Identify and report quality problems to the supervisor or QA
- Perform routine instrument maintenance procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Possess a general knowledge of organic chemistry fundamentals;
ability to understand terminology and principals in order to comply
with analytical methods.
- Possess strong computer skills with knowledge in Excel and
Microsoft Word; experience with or ability to learn industry
specific software such as Target and Chemstation and our laboratory
information management system, Horizon in a timely manner.
- Multi-tasked, organized, detail oriented, and possess excellent
problem solving capabilities; will have good time management
capabilities and be able to work independently of supervision.
- Ability to take ownership for meeting goals and objectives;
willing to be accountable for own decisions, and willing to give
100%. Able to look for new ways to accomplish objectives.
- Proficient English verbal and written communication skills with
the ability to communicate well with staff, management and clients
in a professional manner.
- 4 year degree in a scientific field (chemistry, biology,
- Minimum of 3+ years' experience in a testing laboratory.
- The ability to stand for intervals of up to 8 hours while
- Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with
co-workers and managers;
- Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate equipment and handle
- Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and
- Hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but
only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to
achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms
the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EOE AA Minority, Female,
Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster