Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Rexnord-- is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global
industrial company. Within our platforms, we serve a wide array of
growing, global end markets by offering the broadest, most reliable
product portfolios and trusted brands in our industries. Within
Process & Motion Control, we design, manufacture, market and
service specified, highly engineered mechanical components used
within complex systems where our customers' reliability
requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely
high. Within Water Management, we design, procure, manufacture and
market products that provide and enhance water quality, safety,
flow control and conservation, in which customers specify our
products due to performance, life cycle and project cost, and our
service levels. Founded in 1892, Rexnord is headquartered in
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 7,400
associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit
THE BUSINESS UNIT
Rexnord Aerospace is a growing and profitable supplier of
engineered high performance bearings and mechanical seals to the
commercial air transport, regional aircraft, business aircraft,
helicopter and military aircraft markets for use in engine systems,
flight control systems, airframe structures and landing gear
systems. Our aerospace bearing and seal products consist of rolling
element airframe bearings and bearing tooling sold under the
Shafer-- and Tri-Roller-- brand names, Teflon lined polymeric
bearings sold under the Tuflite-- brand name, slotted entry, split
ball and split race bearings sold under the PSI-- brand name,
self-lubricating machinable lined bearings and coatings sold under
the Rexlon-- brand name and mechanical seals sold under the
Cartriseal-- brand name. Our global customer base includes all
major engine and airframe OEM's, as well as major Tier 1, 2 and 3
suppliers to the engine and airframe OEM's and through our FAA
approved repair station we support major MRO and aircraft operators
with repair and overhaul capabilities.
Under general supervision, builds and repairs machine shop tools
using machining operations and measuring instruments. Works from
blueprints and sketches to create or modify tools, dies, jigs and
- Fabrication of various types of fixtures. Study blueprints,
sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of
- Completes set-ups and operates with minimal
- Responsible for all phases of part operation set-up to achieve
process first article acceptance.
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure parts
meet specifications; make adjustments as necessary.
- Identify and recommend process improvements that reduce part
- Input data into visual management forms and convey results to
- Continuously improve processes, procedures, and eliminate
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Desirable Experience, Capabilities and Success Factors:
- At least five - ten (5-10) years experience with all phases
Conventional Mill and Lathe.
- CNC Lathe and Mill experience is a plus.
- Prior fixture making experience.
- Firm Conventional Mill and Lathe experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Strong aptitude in mathematics.
- Skilled in the use of indicator, gage, and plate inspection
methods for fixture pick-up, first article and in-process
inspection of precision machined parts.
- Ability to maintain close tolerances (within .0005") of ID's
and OD's, roundness, concentricity, squareness.
- Understanding of machine tool accuracies, fixture offsets, and
- Knowledge of cutting tool feeds, speeds, and tool life for
aerospace hard turning or milling.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and interpret blue print
and quality requirements.
- Ability to communicate with employees and levels of management
in a positive manner.
- Ability to lift a maximum of 50 lbs (over 25 lbs with
- Ideal candidate will have experience with AS9100, 5S, Lean, and
- Per ITAR requirements must be a US Person (US Citizen or
Permanent Resident Card Holder)
In Addition To Gaining Invaluable Experience And Having The
Opportunity To Create a Legacy, The Dynamic Associate We Seek Will
Be Rewarded With
Competitive Base Salary
Matching 401(k) contribution (50% match up to 8%)
Discretionary Profit Sharing Contribution (3% of quarterly
Short-Term Disability Insurance
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
Matching Gift Program
PAID TIME OFF
10 Vacation days per year
Enjoy 12 Company Holidays per year
3 Days Paid Sick Leave
How To Apply
Interested candidates may submit their resume through the Careers
section at .
Rexnord associates must be in good standing for consideration for
job openings. This includes satisfactory or above ratings in job
performance and no corrective actions, PIP's, disciplinary issues
or warnings in the last 12 months.
Equal Opportunity Employer -
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Rexnord, Simi Valley , Toolmaker II, Other , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!