Analytical Chemist (GC-MS)
Company: Kelly Services
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Analytical Chemist (GCMS) - Simi Valley, CAThe primary purpose
of this position is to analyze samples using GC/FID, GC/MS, GC/TCD
and other GC methodologies and to prepare analytical reports for
clients. Maintenance and troubleshooting of instruments and
development of new methods or modifications to procedures will also
be required.Specific Responsibilities:
- Analyze air and vapor samples following EPA methodologies and
- Document activities and report results in a concise and
- Analyze and report QC samples as required.
- Identify and report quality problems to the supervisor or QA
- Perform routine instrument maintenance procedures.
- Assist with preparation of related sampling supplies, including
but not limited to thermal desorption sorbent tubes, tube labels,
pelican cases and related documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a general knowledge of organic chemistry fundamentals;
ability to understand terminology and principals in order to comply
with analytical methods.
- Possess strong computer skills with knowledge in Excel and
Microsoft Word; experience with or ability to learn
industry-specific software such as Target, Chemstation and our
laboratory information management system (LIMS) in a timely
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and possess excellent
problem solving capabilities; will have good time management
capabilities and be able to work independently of supervision.
- Ability to take ownership for meeting goals and objectives;
willing to be accountable for own decisions, and willing to give
100%.-- Able to look for new ways to accomplish objectives.
- Proficient English verbal and written communication skills with
the ability to communicate well with peers, supervisors and
management in a professional manner.--Required Qualifications:
- 4 year degree in a scientific field (chemistry, biology,
- Minimum of 1+ years GC and or GC/MS experience in a testing
laboratory.----For immediate consideration, apply today! Contact
Toni for more information at 714 454 8252 OR
TONM369@kellyservices.com--Why Kelly--?Kelly Science & Clinical is
your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies
looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match
science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and
interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100
percent of our science recruiters have a professional
background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about
the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly--At
Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job
seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In
fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional
workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and
tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work
and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we
do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of
workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is
an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse
workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Simi Valley , Analytical Chemist (GC-MS), Other , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!