Inspector - Calibration
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Rexnord-- is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global
industrial company. Within our platforms, we serve a wide array of
growing, global end markets by offering the broadest, most reliable
product portfolios and trusted brands in our industries. Within
Process & Motion Control, we design, manufacture, market and
service specified, highly engineered mechanical components used
within complex systems where our customers' reliability
requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely
high. Within Water Management, we design, procure, manufacture and
market products that provide and enhance water quality, safety,
flow control and conservation, in which customers specify our
products due to performance, life cycle and project cost, and our
service levels. Founded in 1892, Rexnord is headquartered in
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 7,400
associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit
THE BUSINESS UNIT
Rexnord Aerospace is a growing and profitable supplier of
engineered high performance bearings and mechanical seals to the
commercial air transport, regional aircraft, business aircraft,
helicopter and military aircraft markets for use in engine systems,
flight control systems, airframe structures and landing gear
systems. Our aerospace bearing and seal products consist of rolling
element airframe bearings and bearing tooling sold under the
Shafer-- and Tri-Roller-- brand names, Teflon lined polymeric
bearings sold under the Tuflite-- brand name, slotted entry, split
ball and split race bearings sold under the PSI-- brand name,
self-lubricating machinable lined bearings and coatings sold under
the Rexlon-- brand name and mechanical seals sold under the
Cartriseal-- brand name. Our global customer base includes all
major engine and airframe OEM's, as well as major Tier 1, 2 and 3
suppliers to the engine and airframe OEM's and through our FAA
approved repair station we support major MRO and aircraft operators
with repair and overhaul capabilities.
Rexnord Industries, LLC, a leading supplier in the Aerospace
industry, is seeking an associate that would cover several areas of
Inspection responsibility through-out the facility. This position
is a critical link between the shop floor associates and through
the use of proper calibrated tools and equipment to ensure product
conforms to the engineering specifications and requirements. The
person in this role will ensure their performance standards are met
and take appropriate action where necessary to meet agreed
deadlines, quality performance, and assigned targets. The role also
includes supporting quality needs and cross training throughout the
department. You will be responsible for supporting team cohesion
within the department and the facility.
This position is located in Simi Valley, California.
- Ensure adherence to Company Safety and Work rules.
- Support SQDC (Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost) metrics in
all areas relevant to this position.
- Perform inspection operations using a variety of precision
measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, air gages,
indicators, and special test equipment.
- Set up and adjust gages using required equipment or masters per
specification requirements. This includes periodic verification of
gage set-up. Verify accuracy of gaging when required by utilizing
calibration history, Gage R & R studies, and applicable Measurement
- Develop standard work for the process of gage set-ups,
training, minimize gage set-up issues, and reduction of queue time
for gages being deployed to the manufacturing area.
- Conduct training on proper use of gages to ensure accurate and
effective results as well as expected longevity of the tools.
- Work with quality engineering in the design of new or modified
gaging when required and support MSA's/special gage studies.
- Provide technical support and guidance to certified operators,
manufacturing, and other areas in need of assistance on all
Inspection gaging related topics.
- Utilize calibration software system to track and record
assignment and calibration history of measurement equipment.
- Ensure that all quality requirements are being followed
including procedural compliance and communicating all
non-compliance issues to the appropriate associates.
- Recognize areas of personal performance which need improvement
or cross-training and report such to your direct supervisor at
least once per year.
- Communicate and coordinate with other members of the Quality
team to ensure that all areas flow efficiently through direct
support of gaging activities including service, calibration, repair
- Ability to help the manufacturing area in troubleshooting and
resolving gage issues.
Desirable Capabilities and Success Factors
- High school diploma or equivalent and 5 years of Inspection and
Gaging experience in a mechanical calibration (metrology)
environment within a manufacturing facility demonstrating
increasing accountability and responsibility.
- Strong application knowledge of calibration and metrology
systems (ISO 10012 and ANSI/NCSL Z540-1 Calibration System
Requirements) including the development, improving, and approving
gaging methodologies and design.
- Qualifications should include general or application knowledge
of; quality assurance systems (AS9100 and ISO9001), Geometric
dimensioning and tolerancing, blue print interpretation, and
process capability analysis (including MSA, GR&R, Cpk,
GD&T, DMAIC, First Piece Inspection, Cost of Quality).
- Ability to conduct periodic reviews of CM118 (Calibration
Manual) to identify areas for cost-effective improvements to this
operational (quality/calibration) system.
- Ability to perform physical calibration of mechanical measuring
and test equipment, per established written procedures, and possess
the mechanical aptitude to complete these activities.
- Ability to identify, control and maintain all established
calibration records; possess sufficient computer operation skills
to maintain GAGEtrak (software) calibration system or
- Ability to analyze, determine and recommend cost-effective
plans for repair or replacement of equipment to support inspection
and manufacturing schedules.
- Ability to both identify and set-up appropriate inspection
equipment for use by manufacturing personnel.
- Ability to conduct internal calibration audits, annual on-site
quality audits of calibration subcontractors and complete all
required audit records.
- Ability to use all inspection/test equipment required to
determine product acceptance while functioning as a Grade B
Inspector or higher.
- Experience working in a lean manufacturing or continuous
- Effective communicator - good written and verbal communication
skills including developing, implementing, and maintaining
procedures, work instructions, and related forms that support the
- Basic math aptitude - decimals, fractions, addition,
- Working knowledge of engineering part drawings and general
understanding of metallurgy; ability to understand the physical and
mechanical properties of metals as affected by composition,
mechanical working and heat treatments including metal cutting and
grinding is desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds repetitively throughout the
- Per ITAR requirements must be a U.S. Person (either a U.S.
Citizen or a Permanent Resident Card Holder).
In Addition To Gaining Invaluable Experience And Having The
Opportunity To Create a Legacy, The Dynamic Associate We Seek Will
Be Rewarded With
Competitive Base Salary
Matching 401(k) contribution (50% match up to 8%)
Discretionary Profit Sharing Contribution (3% of quarterly
Short-Term Disability Insurance
Long-Term Disability Insurance
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
Matching Gift Program
PAID TIME OFF
10 Vacation days per year
Enjoy 12 Company Holidays per year
3 Days Paid Sick Leave
How To Apply
Interested candidates may submit their resume through the Careers
section at .
Rexnord associates must be in good standing for consideration for
job openings. This includes satisfactory or above ratings in job
performance and no corrective actions, PIP's, disciplinary issues
or warnings in the last 12 months.
Equal Opportunity Employer -
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Rexnord, Simi Valley , Inspector - Calibration, Other , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!