Business Unit: S&S Ventura County (3625)
Location: Simi Valley, CA, United States, 91605
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme
environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense
and energy markets. We employ over 12,000 people across
manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with
regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The supplier development lead defines, develops, and manages
best practice for supplier qualification, risk assessment, risk
mitigation, supplier development and strategic sourcing projects to
drive material and component on-time delivery at to meet business
and customer targets.
Job Core Responsibilities
• Establish and develop partnership relationships with our
supplier base. Lead and facilitate effective two-way communication,
training, and regular site visits with strategic suppliers. Meet
and discuss performance metrics to provide performance feedback,
through a structure process of performance management.
• The escalation point for the S&S demand and procurement
lead when delivery performance improvements are required.
• Serve as a technical and process communication liaison among
strategic suppliers and our procurement, manufacturing,
engineering, and quality teams to help ensure that issues are
clearly understood and effectively resolved.
• Engage and collaborate with suppliers to improve performance
and optimize processes (Lean / 6 Sigma).
• Establish uninterrupted and efficient flow of optimal
materials, products, and services utilising dock-to-stock (supplier
to point of use), vendor managed inventory (VMI), and Supply Chain
• Lead strategic supplier selection (on-boarding),
consolidation, risk management, and removal. Determine what
suppliers to grow, maintain, develop, or off-board
• Develop and create strategic supplier training programs,
supplier development processes, presentations and procedures.
• Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits
• Liaise to ensure technical support for suppliers as needed to
perform direct and root cause analysis (DMAIC or equivalent
• Maintain a supplier scorecard process to monitor delivery
performance, responsiveness, and quality performance. Measure
suppliers' compliance and conformance meet Meggitt’s drawings,
specifications, procedures and standards.
• Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement
program success and make recommendations to Supply Chain and
Education Minimum Requirements: BS/BA degree in Engineering,
Supply Chain, Industrial Management, Science, Business, or
Certifications Vocational training, apprenticeships or the
equivalent experience in related field
• 5+ years Aerospace or Automotive experience in Quality,
Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations, or related Business
Operations working with products or processes.
• 5+ years' demonstrated Aerospace or Automotive experience
working directly with suppliers to improve quality and
• Negotiation Skills
• Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification
• PMP Project Management
• Understanding of Supply Chain Management practices as well as
automated and manual procurement systems
• APICS certification. Certified Supply Chain Professional
(CSCP) and SAP Knowledge
• Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, develop
relationships, and collaborate with suppliers
• Familiar with Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping,
Just-In-Time (JIT), Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, 5S, Visual
Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Continuous Improvement
Process, and capacity modeling
• Ability to lead, innovate, motivate, mitigate risk, and
• Ability to manage conflict across multiple roles and teams
• Familiar with engineering configuration control systems &
• Strong understanding of quality systems, corrective action
planning , supplier corrective actions (SCARs), corrective actions
(CARs), Statistical process control (SPC)
• Strong problem-solving skills (DOE, DMAIC, Fish Bone, 5 Why,
process maps, SIPOC).
• Intermediate skills utilizing Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
This position requires use of information which is subject to
the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All
applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR
defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident
(i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.