Sr. Staff Software Engineer
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: October 29, 2018
Sr. Staff Software Engineer Location Simi Valley, CA Employment type Regular - Full Time ID 305 Apply Now We are currently seeking a Senior Staff Software Engineer to join our TUAS (Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems) team. Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with a group of great talented engineers in a fast pace environment to design next generation software platform solutions for our unmanned aircraft system. Work with the software architect to prototype solutions and be able to contribute in the decision of design and technical solutions.
- Technical leadership: Provide detailed technical leadership for all activities and phases of the software development (requirements, design, development, testing, integration), including leading the architecture and design with a strong customer focus.
- Supporting and sustaining: Develop a fundamental understand of our systems, be able to lead and support the legacy software products.
- People skill: Be able to work with Product line management, program manager, system engineer, testing engineer to provide software development estimate, and provide technical guidance.
- Technology adaptation: Be able to work on different platforms: Windows, Linux, iPhone, and Android using latest technologies. Be able to work with different tools (IDE, static code analysis, code coverage tools, etc) required for the software development at different stage. Be able to learn a new language quickly.
- Mentoring: Be able to support and mentor junior engineers, guiding in software development process. Required Qualifications & Background
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines.
- 15+ years of programming experience
- In-depth experience in multithreading and network programming, familiar with technics such as JetBrain to debug complex memory and performance issues.
- Have web development experience and familiar with model-control-view design.
- Familiar with Agile development methodology and be able to drive project as Scrum master using tools such as JIRA.
- Have experience with cryptography solutions.
- Familiar with the static code analysis tools such as Parasoft.
- Strong GUI experience.
- Be able to work on embedded code.
- Great documentation skill and communication skill
- Self-driven, great team player with great communication skills
- Be able to work in a fast pace environment and deliver time pressured project on time.
- Great team player Other Qualifications and Reponsibilities
- Experience with Android programming environment ITAR Requirement: This position requires the use of information which is subject to compliance with International Traffic Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or, green card holder), protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship. Benefits: AV offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental vision, 401K with company matching, a 9/80 work schedule and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit: We also encourage you to review our company website at to learn more about us. Principals only need apply. NO agencies please. Who We Are Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC. Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed. What We Do Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition. AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Sr. Staff Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!