Software Engineer II (Realtime Embedded Development)
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: September 20, 2018
Software Engineer II (Realtime Embedded Development) Location Simi Valley, CA Employment type Regular - Full Time ID 121 Apply Now Who We Are Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC. Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed. We are currently seeking a Software Engineer II to join our team. Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain real-time embedded software for mission-critical, aerospace applications.
- Develop system level software architecture and create software design documents.
- Code, simulate, integrate and validate software, mainly using C++, including STLs.
- Participate in software design reviews. Required Qualifications & Background
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 2+ years of professional work experience.
- Basic electronics knowledge and use of lab equipment.
- Some experience in developing application programs using an RTOS for embedded real-time applications.
- Technical knowledge and experience with common industry protocols: UART, I2C, SPI, CAN, USB, Ethernet.
- Good interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills. Strong listening, questioning, clarifying and summarizing skills to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group settings.
- A willingness to travel, on occasion. Other Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Experience with avionics subsystems and integrated flight hardware a plus
- Experience with flight dynamics and control systems a plus---
- Familiarity with ARM processors Additional Requirement: This position requires you have access to data and technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. To meet this qualification you must be a current U.S. Person and provide documentation as such. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship. Benefits: AV offers a great benefits package, 401K with company matching, and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit We also encourage you to review our company website at to learn more about us. Principals only need apply. NO agencies please. What We Do Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition. AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Software Engineer II (Realtime Embedded Development), IT / Software / Systems , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!