Payroll Supervisor (Remote)
Company: Restaurant Technologies, Inc
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: September 23, 2022
The Payroll Supervisor leads payroll operations for our
fast-paced and rapidly growing company operating in over 40
locations with 1200+ full-time and part-time employees in multiple
states. Responsible for all payroll operations including a
bi-weekly processing schedule, tax, compliance, accounting,
customer service, garnishments, systems, reporting, and equity.
This role serves as the main point of contact, subject matter
expert and point of escalation for issues and challenges related to
payroll administration, multi-state and local taxes, garnishments
and agency requests, and general payroll compliance. This role is
perfect for someone who has a passion to ask questions, simplify
processes, work with large data, and support change through varied
projects with a sense of urgency.
This position can be located anywhere in the continental US and be
fully remote. Those who are local to the Minneapolis area will have
flexibility to work onsite or remote as little or as much as
desired. Infrequent travel may be requested.
* Directs the delivery of payroll to all employees including
exempt, non-exempt, and special payroll runs.
* Maintains an ongoing knowledge of company payroll programs to
ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll reporting
and tax authority specifications.
* Develops practices and procedures within payroll to support
regulatory or compliance directives as defined by the DOL, the
FLSA, the IRS, any state/local authorities, child support agencies,
or Company defined policies.
* Identifies and manages payroll system needs to align technology
and service provider solutions with business initiatives and
* Work closely with HR Technology team to maintain, configure, and
test Workday payroll, time & attendance, and benefit platforms.
* Manage the preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and
year-end management reports (gross payroll, hours worked, PTO
accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
* Monitor and approve federal and state payroll tax filings,
including 940s and W-2s.
* Review and approve employee tax withholding audits to ensure
* Responsible for daily system operations that support the payroll
processes. Responsible for optimizing processes, identifying gaps,
and helping with process improvements. Responsible for maintaining
SOX compliant processes and responding to requests for internal and
external audits (payroll, Workers Comp, 401k, etc.)
* Review and approve all employee and payroll processing data
audits to ensure accuracy. Assures timely and accurate processing
of human resources information including new hires, terminations,
demographic changes, and benefit enrollment events &
* In collaboration with Total Rewards Manager, evaluate and analyze
existing payroll policies, procedures and business process; draft,
propose, and implement changes and/or quality control measures
leading to best practice operations.
* Solve payroll related issues, respond to payroll related
inquiries (including unemployment claims), and enforce payroll
* Serve as the primary Human Resource team liaison with the Finance
and Accounting Departments.
* Manage payroll vendor relationships and Total Rewards invoicing
* Project lead for all payroll projects and implementations; also
serve as the payroll expert when supporting HR related
* Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential
problems, and related information necessary for effective
management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with
others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and
* Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
* Bachelor's degree (accounting, human resources, or
business-related field preferred).
* At least seven (7) years of payroll administration and accounting
related experience (preferably using Workday and/or ADP).
* At least five (5) years of multi-state payroll experience,
* Strong knowledge of and ability to interpret/apply taxation,
withholding, and reporting requirements at all levels (federal,
state, and local).
* Understanding of banking and ACH process.
* Ability to manage interfaces between electronic data processing
and the payroll/accounting functions.
* Advanced knowledge of HR/Payroll system functions.
* Ability to courteously and professionally respond to the needs of
employees while being flexible and responsive in a fast-paced
* Strong analytical skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
* Advanced PC skills to include database and spreadsheet tools,
including creation and maintenance of queries and reports.
* Payroll Certification (CPP) preferred.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS: None
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Restaurant Technologies is committed to providing a work
environment that is free from discrimination and harassment in any
form. It is our policy to comply with all applicable laws that
provide equal opportunity in employment for all persons, and to
prohibit discrimination in employment.
As a critical part of our culture of respect, we strictly prohibit
any discrimination or harassment based on gender, age, race, color,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical
disability, ancestry, pregnancy, national origin, and any other
status protected by law.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment
process, please contact us by email at askHR@rti-inc.com and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case
basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for
reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email
address. You may also contact us at 1-888-796-4997 if you wish to
speak with a resource regarding a reasonable accommodation
Thank you for your interest in a position with Restaurant
Technologies. The next step is to submit your application. This
process will take an average of 20 minutes to complete. We look
forward to connecting with you! Not ready to apply just yet? Please
like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn to stay
WHO WE ARE
Restaurant Technologies is the leading provider of highly
innovative and value-enhancing bulk cooking oil management services
to the food service industry. Our solution is environmentally
sound, highly efficient and creates a safer, more productive work
environment for restaurant personnel. With over 20,000 existing
accounts we are an established, profitable mid -sized company
poised for double-digit growth in the coming year. We are
headquartered in suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota with a growing
number of sites strategically located across the U.S. serving over
42 metropolitan markets.
At Restaurant Technologies, we've cultivated an award winning
workplace for driven team members who enjoy a fast pace and rapid
growth balanced by a flexible and supportive environment. We've
earned recognition as a "Best Place to Work," by the
Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal along with The Minnesota Work
Life Champions Award while consistently earning a spot on the list
of Minnesota's Fastest Growing Companies. In addition, we've earned
numerous awards from our customer base who consider Restaurant
Technologies a valued strategic partner.
We serve the leaders in the food service industry which include
-McDonald's, Burger King, Jack in the Box, Albertsons, White
Castle, KFC, Carrabba's, Applebee's, Chili's, and leading
Keywords: Restaurant Technologies, Inc, Simi Valley , Payroll Supervisor (Remote), Human Resources , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!