Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: January 9, 2021
JOB SUMMARYResponsible for building, owning and driving a sales
and retention culture across the Spectrum Stores within a key metro
market, parts of a key metro market or large dispersed geographical
area. Actively and consistently supports efforts of their teams to
engage customers in a retail environment and drive the sale and
retention of Spectrum product and services. Consistently
demonstrates excellent leadership and coaching skills to create a
motivated work environment where employees can excel.MAJOR DUTIES
- Leads multiple teams of Store Managers, motivating and engaging
them to meet and exceed their sales goals, while delivering a
clean, organized and fully operational retail experience for all
customers and employees.
- Ensures sales managers and their teams are retaining customers
through positive customer relationship building, diffusing customer
escalations, utilizing strong listening skills and probing
techniques to overcome objectives and save/upgrade customers.
- Plans, organizes, staffs and directs multiple Spectrum
- Ensures their stores meet Spectrum brand and merchandising
expectations and that a thriving culture of customer care exists at
all store locations within their span of control.
- Ensures the successful rollout of new product and merchandising
launches by their management teams.
- Utilizes strong assessment skills to continually inspect
everything from the sales behaviors to the product knowledge of the
teams within their span of control and lead change efforts as
- Proactively identifies issues, builds action plans and seeks
opportunities to grow their business and increase customer
- Manages crisis situations and escalates to leadership as
- Ensures management teams have subject matter expertise on all
store functions, including the Spectrum Store Customer Experience
(SSCE), Spectrum products, pricing plans, promotions, service
features and visual standards, as well as those of
- Consistently meets or exceeds operational and expense
management standards within their scope of responsibility, while
minimizing or eliminating losses to the company.
- Maintains established departmental performance standards,
including FCC and franchise performance standards.
- Builds employee engagement and high performing teams by
recruiting, training and retaining the best talent within their
span of control.
- Establishes check and balances with store management to
maintain appropriate levels of staffing at all stores within their
- Coaches, mentors and motivates store management to feel
empowered to achieve their key performance metrics through multiple
forums; one-on-ones, team huddles and department meetings.
- Creates an environment of continuous learning, role playing and
development where management and employees are able to enhance
their skills and maximize their potential and success through
coaching, training, and objective performance management, including
the progressive discipline process.
- Maintains strong working relationships with leadership, the
operations team and peers, working as a team to build a culture of
- Ensures their markets are compliant with Spectrum cash
management policy, work order controls and requires completion of
timely audits in their stores.
- Ensures all store employees within span of control are trained
and managing strict enforcement of all company policies and
procedures, including active participation in Charter's EEO
- Evaluates and analyzes the impact of business events on their
Spectrum Stores activity, responds accordingly and provides
leadership with frequent updates on key events.
- Assists with Director Functions and responsibilities and
performs other duties as requested by leadership.REQUIRED
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to
communicate with employees, customers and suppliers, in person, on
the phone and by written communication in a clear, straight-forward
and professional manner
- Background as a Director, District Manager or Store Manager in
a destination shopping environment
- Proven ability to build a strong sales culture and
high-performing teams, while demonstrating strong customer
- Launched or managed multiple locations in their career
- Build good partnerships within all areas of the organization by
exhibiting excellent interpersonal leadership, influencing and
- A proven ability to lead others and motivate them to succeed in
a goal and incentive based work environment
- Solid experience in launching and managing multiple projects
simultaneously and providing status updates on their success
- History of identifying trends and risk and effectively
communicating those to their leaders, then working to develop
- Proven ability to handle change management
- High comfort level with personal technology, such as mobile
devices and personal video platforms
- Knowledge and ability to use computer and software
applicationsEducationBachelor's Degree or equivalent work
- Strong analytical, statistical, quantitative and deduction
skills and the ability to make qualitative judgments
- Experience in implementing sales training and employee
- Knowledge of process and procedure design and
documentationRELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
- Sales Leadership experience: 4-7 yrs.
- Telecommunications/wireless leadership experience: 2-4
- Sales experience: 7+ yrs.
- Customer Service experience: 7+ yrs.WORKING CONDITIONS
- Retail environment
- Exposure to moderate noise level
- Travel to multiple locations to oversee and monitor day-to-day
- Professional attire and appearance
- Valid driver's license and ability to meet Charter's motor
vehicle requirementsFor more information on Spectrum's benefits,
please click here.
Keywords: Spectrum, Simi Valley , Area Manager, Executive , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!