Senior Quality Engineer
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Support Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering and Purchasing
Departments in Quality related Issues, drive continuous improvement
initiatives throughout the manufacturing and inspection processes
both at PSI Bearings and at our suppliers. Responsible for
implementation and analysis of technical products, processes, and
systems. May develop a range of processes and recommends
alterations to improve quality of products and/or processes.
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and
procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and
accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide
degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Works with minimum
supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters. May be
assisted by Entry/Junior or Intermediate Level personnel.
Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and
* AS9100 Rev D and ISO 10012 Strong understanding and ability to
apply specified requirements in a cost-effective approach.
* Reviewing New Product Launch customer specifications to flow down
new requirements to all functions and ensure in establishing
compliance to customer requirements
* Reviewing Customer Pos to identify requirements and flow down new
customer requirements to all functions.
* Ability in navigating in customer portals.
* Ability to communicate with customer and suppliers to resolve
* Ability to collect, compile and analyze data (using the
appropriate six sigma methods and techniques), to determine both
the actual root causes of identified problems and required
corrective (preventive) actions to prevent recurrence.
* Able to affect internal and external PPM (scrap and rework)
reduction and OTD improvements both internally and at our suppliers
(machining and special processing).
* Knowledge of dimensional inspection measurement systems and their
application for the inspection of complex products full
understanding of ASME Y14.5 (GD&T).
* Implementing Control Plans and/ or SPC to reduce inspection
* Performing PPAPs (Production part approval process).
* Performing process capabilities analysis on key
* Aid in the process of coordinating source inspection
* Review and approve of customer and internal First Article
* Performing internal audit activities including but not limited to
quality management systems, purchasing, contract review process,
* Drive trend improvements on the internal and external Quality in
support of strategic business objectives.
* Act as a liaison for the production areas on matters related to
contract review process and first article inspection
* Identifying GE SSL (Source Substantiation List) and submitting GE
SSP (Significant Process Substantiation).
* Performing internal and customer corrective actions.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIRED
* Bachelors degree, preferably in Mechanical, Manufacturing or
* Minimum of 7 years Quality Engineering experience w/ 3 years
experience directing Quality Engineering activities in an aerospace
manufacturing (machine shop) environment.
* In-depth working knowledge of Six Sigma with the ability to
effectively apply recognized methods and techniques in a
manufacturing environment (Green Belt or higher).
* Ability to promote and foster a Continuous Improvement culture
both internally and with our suppliers (machining and special
* Strong understanding of contract review process and First Article
* Effective communicator strong written and verbal communication
* Strong understanding of DMAIC, FMEA, PPAP, Statistical Process
Control (SPC), Gage R&R Studies and lean systems.
* Effectively apply appropriate problem-solving and continuous
* Ability to determine the appropriate dispositions for
nonconforming product, function as quality representative at both
Preliminary Review (PR) and MRB levels.
* Internal quality audits participate in both Internal Quality
Management System (QMS) audits and customer audits (product and
* General understanding of metallurgy, ability to understand the
physical and mechanical properties of metals as affected by
composition, mechanical working and heat treatments.
* General understanding of subcontracted special processes (NDT,
heat treating, shot peening, plating and surface treatments).
* Strong understanding of AS9100 Rev. D.
* Ability to create and process GE SPS (Significant Process
* Will train and mentor lower level engineers.
* Membership in ASQ American Society for Quality
* Proficiency in Minitab and excel
Rexnord is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global
industrial company with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a
diverse array of global end markets. Founded in 1891, Rexnord is
headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs
approximately 8,000 associates worldwide. For more information
about the company visit www.rexnordcorp.com.
Our Process & Motion Control platform designs, manufactures,
markets and services highly engineered mechanical components that
help customers increase productivity and prevent downtime. Rexnord
aerospace products can be found throughout aircraft from the engine
to the landing gear. Our Water Management platform offers water
solutions that help protect human health and the environment.
The company is operated in a disciplined way with the Rexnord
Business System (RBS), a process-based framework for world-class
operating performance and continuous improvement. RBS enables
speed, scalability and consistency to drive superior customer
satisfaction and financial results. By deploying our RBS
methodology, Rexnord continues to solidify and grow long-standing,
globally competitive businesses, while systematically integrating
acquisitions and finding new ways to grow.
Doing the right thing has been part of our core values for more
than a century. So have volunteerism and philanthropy, and our
Rexnord Foundation formalized this commitment more than 60 years
ago. We make our communities better with individual and
organizational volunteering, matching gifts, grants, scholarships
and corporate donations.
Rexnord Aerospace supplies high performance spherical and
cylindrical bearings, mechanical seals, gears and electrical
components to commercial air transport markets. Our products are
engineered to meet stringent requirements and are specified in
engine systems, flight control systems, landing gear systems and
airframe structures. Our global customer base includes major engine
and airframe OEMs, tier suppliers and aircraft operators.
TOTAL REWARDS AND BENEFITS
* Competitive Salary & Variable Incentive Compensation Plan
* Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, and Life
* Discretionary Personal Retirement Account
* Matching 401(k) Contribution
* Health Savings Account
* Educational Reimbursement
* Matching Gift Program
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALE /SEXUAL ORIENTATION/GENDER
Keywords: Rexnord, Simi Valley , Senior Quality Engineer, Engineering , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!