Guidance, Navigation and Controls Engineer
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: November 27, 2018
Guidance, Navigation and Controls Engineer
Simi Valley, CA
Regular - Full Time
We are currently seeking a Sr. Staff Guidance Navigation & Controls Engineer to join our TMS (Tactical Missile Systems) team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the full life-cycle of GN&C subsystems (Guidance, Navigation & Control) including design, development, coding, debugging, testing, simulation, analysis, and maintenance
- Analyze systems and flight test data to support model improvements and root cause investigation of failures and anomalies
- Document designs and analyses with written reports, presentations, and Engineering drawings
- Characterize, analyze, test, and troubleshoot control system hardware and software subsystems
- Architect and develop comprehensive, reusable simulation and analysis tools for model-based control and estimation designs
- Perform comprehensive linear and nonlinear controls and estimation synthesis and analysis
- Lead GN&C-related design requirements development and architecture/design reviews
- Architect comprehensive GN&C systems with focus on reuse of qualified design and analysis elements
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications & Background
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering Field. Master's or PhD with GN&C-related focus preferred
- 12 years industry experience in a progressive technical capacity in GN&C and adjacent fields
- Proficient with developing linearized models from nonlinear flight dynamics models about trim operating conditions
- Proficient with linear controls design and analysis tools and techniques
- Experience with aerodynamic stability and control modes, models, concepts, and coefficients
- Experience in designing, developing, and analyzing aided inertial navigation systems
- Demonstrated strong skills in classical and modern controls design and analysis approaches
- Experience designing Monte Carlo, hardware-in-the-loop, and/or 6DOF simulation environments
- Expert knowledge of appropriate design, analysis and simulation tools and validation techniques
- Proficient in C++; Demonstrated understanding and competence in object-oriented design; Familiarity with real-time operating systems a plus
This position requires the use of information which is subject to compliance with International Traffic Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or, green card holder), protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship.
Benefits: AV offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental vision, 401K with company matching, a 9/80 work schedule and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit: http://www.avinc.com/myavbenefits.
We also encourage you to review our company website at http://www.avinc.com to learn more about us.
Principals only need apply. NO agencies please.
Who We Are
Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC.
Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed.
What We Do
Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition.
AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Guidance, Navigation and Controls Engineer, Engineering , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!