Manufacturing Engineer III
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: November 24, 2018
Manufacturing Engineer III
Simi Valley, CA
Regular - Full Time
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer III to join our TUAS (Tactical Unmanned Aircraft Systems) team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Define, maintain, and support manufacturing processes utilized in the manufacture of Small Unmanned Air Vehicles.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing principles and apply Six Sigma methodology to achieve continuous improvement in productivity, quality, and lead time.
- Generate Value Stream Maps to reduce cycle time, waste, variation, and low production yields
- Identify opportunities for Kaizen events.
- Create Manufacturing Strategies and capacity models for new and current products, including estimation and maintenance of capital requisitions
- Generate new and review existing work instructions, assembly procedures and supporting documentation controlling the manufacturing process.
- Generate ECRs and ECOs required for process/product improvement
- Cost estimating of new tooling and fixtures required to support production floor
- Generate product line flowcharts and production floor layouts
- Lead Make/Buy analysis on assemblies with cross-functional team.
- Create or review routers, Outside Processing and ERP related functions (AV uses Oracle)
- Perform Design for Manufacturing, cost, and reliability analysis on new products with the design engineering team
- Work with suppliers and contract manufacturers to ensure receipt of conforming parts and assemblies
- Create and manage equipment specifications, development and qualification for assembly and test equipment
- Project management of project tasks for self and others
- Occasional travel to supplier sites
Required Qualifications & Background
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical or similar field or equivalent experience as an Engineer in these fields required
- 6+ years of experience in Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical, Test Engineering or similar field in Aerospace, Automotive, or Commercial industries
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Methodology in a leadership role is required
- Experience with electro-mechanical manufacturing, drawings, procedures and Bill of Materials is required
- Specific experience with sheet metal fabrication, plastics, composite layups, printed circuit board assembly, mechanical assembly, calibration and testing processes is desired
- Organization/planning, communication (oral and written), time management, conflict management, ability to manage stress, deadlines and work independently
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Access, Project), MiniTab, Oracle, Agile, and CAD programs (SolidWorks is preferred)
This position requires the use of information which is subject to compliance with International Traffic Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or, green card holder), protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship.
Benefits: AV offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental vision, 401K with company matching, a 9/80 work schedule and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit: http://www.avinc.com/myavbenefits.
We also encourage you to review our company website at http://www.avinc.com to learn more about us.
Principals only need apply. NO agencies please.
Who We Are
Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC.
Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed.
What We Do
Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition.
AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Manufacturing Engineer III, Engineering , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!