Engineering Flight Test Specialist III
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: November 23, 2018
Engineering Flight Test Specialist III Location Simi Valley, CA Employment type Regular - Full Time ID 314 Apply Now We are currently seeking an Engineering Flight Test Specialist III to join our Tactical Missile Systems (TMS) team. Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a flight test pilot for engineering flight test.
- Pre and post flight test documentation (flight logs, video download, and analysis).
- Develop flight test procedures from direct communication with engineering staff to test and evaluate UAVs.
- Work with engineers to improve product quality and documentation based on flight test results.
- Perform flight demonstrations (Also in charge of demo equipment, planning, and travel).
- Responsible for flight test planning (test cards, range coordination, review with engineering).
- Perform flight software qualification on simulators.
- Analyze and solve problems that develop during flight testing.
- Setup and tear down of flight test location.
- Quality control aircraft.
- Obtain rental equipment (Vehicles, trailers, test equipment, etc.).
- Assist with maintenance and upkeep of flight test equipment.
- Attend test planning meetings.
- Interface with customers during operations.
- Must maintain professional attitude and conduct.
- Ensure damaged/faulty equipment is property dealt with/repaired.
- Must keep up to date expense reports with company credit card.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge with system components utilized in TMS.
- Determine which equipment is required for each test event.
- Determine safety requirements.
- Coordinate hazmat shipping to and from AV.
- Review and validate equipment pack out checklist.
- Conduct on site safety brief.
- Coordinate with range for air and frequency de-confliction.
- Review range requirements and determine which range is best.
- Update and change software on FCU, and Computer/Tablet equipment
- Maintain currency and proficiency on UAS platforms, aviation general knowledge, and basic weather.
- Download data, and video from aircraft and computers and post to servers.
- Training of other employees.
- Operation of experimental aircraft and software. (Vehicles in development)
- Conduct live fire testing. (Management sign off required)
- Update flight log. Required Qualifications & Background
- U.S. Citizenship required
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have and maintain clean DMV record to be approved to drive company vehicles.
- Must be able to travel locally and out of state in support of flight test.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and have a have a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Must be quality focused and adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision and exercise independent judgement on a regular basis.
- Basic computer operation skills including familiarity with MS Word and Excel.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with fellow employees as well as customers and military personnel.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50lbs, work outdoors in variable weather, able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be mechanically inclined (change a tire, troubleshoot basic electronics, problem solve in the field).
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Prior military and or aviation background a major plus.
- Prior RC experience a major plus.
- Experience with mechanical and composite fabrication techniques a plus. ITAR Requirement: This position requires the use of information which is subject to compliance with International Traffic Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or, green card holder), protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship. Benefits: AV offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental vision, 401K with company matching, a 9/80 work schedule and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit: We also encourage you to review our company website at to learn more about us. Principals only need apply. NO agencies please. Who We Are Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC. Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed. What We Do Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition. AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Engineering Flight Test Specialist III, Engineering , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!