Manufacturing Electrical Engineer III
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: November 20, 2018
Manufacturing Electrical Engineer III Location Simi Valley, CA Employment type Regular - Full Time ID 231 Apply Now We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer with a focus on electrical assemblies to join our team. Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is to provide Manufacturing Engineering support to internal and external manufacturing facilities to resolve any manufacturing or related issues on sustaining and new products
- Focus will be on electrical assemblies, PCBAs, calibration, and testing
- Create or update work instructions and other documentation to control the manufacturing processes
- Create and manage equipment specifications and documentation for development, qualification and support of assembly and test equipment
- Identify, formulate and implement opportunities with lean manufacturing principles throughout the assembly process to reduce cost, reduce variation, reduce cycle time, improve yields, improve reliability, improve productivity, etc.
- Perform Design for Manufacturing, Test, Cost, Reliability, etc. analysis on new products with the design engineering team
- Create Manufacturing Strategies for new and current products
- Lead Make/Buy analysis on assemblies with cross-functional team.
- Cost estimating of fabricated parts, PCBAs, assemblies, tooling, and test equipment
- Project management of multiple project tasks for self and others
- Other duties as assigned by management
- 10% Travel at times both domestically and internationally, with overnight, out-of-town stays Required Qualifications & Background
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering (Desired), Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar field or equivalent experience as an Engineer in these fields required
- 5+ years of experience in Electrical, Test, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering or similar field in Aerospace, Automotive, or Commercial industries; or 3 years with a Masters Degree, or PhD without exp.
- Familiarity with electro-mechanical manufacturing, drawings, procedures and Bill of Materials is desired
- Specific experience with printed circuit board assembly, electro-mechanical assembly, calibration and testing processes is desired
- Organization/planning, communication (oral and written), time management, conflict management, ability to manage stress, deadlines and work independently
- Software Knowledge: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Access, Project), MiniTab, Oracle, Agile, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Visio, C# / OOP using Visual Studio IDE, Visual Basic, LabView / Teststand, MatLab, is desired. Other Qualifications
- Experience working new product introduction (NPI) is a definite plus
- Lean/Six Sigma manufacturing implementation or use of tools is desired
- Experience in Test and Calibration equipment software and hardware is a definite plus
- Security clearance is a definite plus ITAR Requirement: This position requires the use of information which is subject to compliance with International Traffic Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or, green card holder), protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship. Benefits: AV offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental vision, 401K with company matching, a 9/80 work schedule and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit: We also encourage you to review our company website at to learn more about us. Principals only need apply. NO agencies please. Who We Are Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC. Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed. What We Do Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition. AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Manufacturing Electrical Engineer III, Engineering , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!