Six Sigma Engineer II
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: November 20, 2018
Six Sigma Engineer II Location Simi Valley, CA Employment type Regular - Full Time ID 287 Apply Now We are currently seeking a Six Sigma Engineer II to join our team. Under the direction of the Continuous Improvement Manager, the Six Sigma Engineer will work to continuously improve the Manufacturing/Design processes to provide better product reliability, quality, lower costs, and better use of assets. The engineer will work directly with operators, engineering, maintenance, quality, management, and production planning to accomplish these tasks. Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Gain an in-depth technical knowledge of Processing Equipment and Product specifications.
- Lead project teams in defect elimination and participate in new product introduction teams.
- Establish and monitor CI activities and provide leadership, direction and guidance in the implantation of CI for manufacturing/design functions.
- Responsible for improving, facilitating and promoting the growth of Continuous Improvement (CI) culture and initiatives.
- Develop processes to ensure consistent product quality either through DMADV or DMAIC methodologies.
- Responsible for leading and implementing Continuous Improvement (CI) strategy, including Lean, Six Sigma, Design For Six Sigma, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping and other Best Practices for the Corporation.
- Provide statistical data analysis using Minitab.
- Other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications & Background
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred) from an accredited program.
- 1-7+ years of relevant experience preferable; or an advanced degree may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Other Requirements: Experience must include Five (5) years use of all the following: Lean Manufacturing tools and methodologies, Six Sigma, Design For Six Sigma, Value Stream Map (VSM) Analysis, Kaizen Events.
- Certified Green Belt in Design For Six Sigma, or Black Belt in Lean Manufacturing / Six Sigma methods.
- Effective facilitation skills and ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Computer proficiency in spreadsheets and data analysis.
- Experience with Minitab preferred ITAR Requirement: This position requires the use of information which is subject to compliance with International Traffic Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or, green card holder), protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship. Benefits: AV offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental vision, 401K with company matching, a 9/80 work schedule and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit: We also encourage you to review our company website at to learn more about us. Principals only need apply. NO agencies please. Who We Are Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC. Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed. What We Do Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition. AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Six Sigma Engineer II, Engineering , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!