Manufacturing Engineering Manager -
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: October 30, 2018
Manufacturing Engineering Manager Location Simi Valley, CA Employment type Regular - Full Time ID 303 Apply Now We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join our TMS (Tactical Missile Systems) team. Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is to provide Manufacturing Engineering support to internal and external manufacturing facilities to resolve any manufacturing or related issues on sustaining and new products
- Ensure product quality and delivery schedule requirements for composite fabrication, composite & mechanical subassemblies, and final integration and testing of systems.
- Works closely with the other functional leaders and Program Managers to execute key objectives and programs to meet schedules and budgets.
- Conducts tactical planning and execution for programs as agreed with functions and business area for production and composite fabrication.
- Set-up, maintain and ensure compliance with supply chain and manufacturing operations standards and processes.
- Assists with achieving annual Business Area operating performance objectives and metrics
- Manage, create and maintain work instructions and other documentation to control the manufacturing processes
- Create and manage equipment specifications and documentation for development, qualification and support of assembly and test equipment
- Manage, identify, formulate and implement opportunities with lean manufacturing principles throughout the assembly process to reduce cost, reduce variation, reduce cycle time, improve yields, improve reliability, improve productivity, etc.
- Perform Design for Manufacturing, Test, Cost, Reliability, etc. analysis on new products with the design engineering team
- Create Manufacturing Strategies, especially detailed capacity modeling, for new and current products
- Lead Make/Buy analysis on assemblies with a cross-functional team.
- Cost estimating of fabricated parts, PCBAs, assemblies, tooling, and test equipment
- Ensure best practice, workmanship and other required training is accomplished for assigned personnel.
- Change Management leader, lead implementation task forces to implement stages of best practices.
- Interacts with customers as needed and performs production readiness reviews.
- Project management of multiple project tasks for self and others
- Other duties as assigned by management
- 10% Travel at times both domestically and internationally, with overnight, out-of-town stays Required Qualifications & Background
- U.S. Citizenship required
- 5+ years of experience in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Test Engineering or similar field in Aerospace, Automotive, or Commercial industries; or 3 years with a Master's Degree.
- BS degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar field or equivalent experience as an Engineer in these fields required
- Experience in low to mid volume complex discrete manufacturing a must
- Good knowledge of manufacturing, supply chain management, and quality assurance systems, tools, and procedures
- A natural leader who is not hesitant to lead a cross-functional team in order to achieve strategic objectives of the business
- Six Sigma certification to a minimum of Green Belt or equivalent problem-solving skills/program with demonstrated improvements results required. Design for Six Sigma Certification and any Black Belt certifications a definite plus.
- Demonstrated track record of using "Lean Principals and methodologies" to design production systems and performing improvement projects.
- Organization/planning, communication (oral and written), time management, conflict management, ability to manage stress, deadlines and work independently
- Exceptional data analysis, database maintenance and improvement and report generation with significant quality improvement
- Specific experience with printed circuit board assembly, electro-mechanical assembly, calibration and testing processes is desired Familiarity with electro-mechanical manufacturing, drawings, procedures and Bill of Materials is desired
- Software Knowledge: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Project), MiniTab, Oracle, Agile, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Visio, C# / OOP using Visual Studio IDE, Visual Basic, LabView / Teststand, MatLab, is desired. Other Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Experience working new product introduction (NPI) is a definite plus
- Lean Six Sigma manufacturing implementation or use of tools is desired
- Experience in Test and Calibration equipment software and hardware is a definite plus
- Security clearance is a definite plus ITAR Requirement: This position requires the use of information which is subject to compliance with International Traffic Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicants must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S. (or, green card holder), protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship. Benefits: AV offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental vision, 401K with company matching, a 9/80 work schedule and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit: We also encourage you to review our company website at to learn more about us. Principals only need apply. NO agencies please. Who We Are Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC. Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed. What We Do Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition. AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Manufacturing Engineering Manager -, Engineering , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!