Manufacturing Electrical Engineer III
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: October 26, 2018
Manufacturing Electrical Engineer III
Simi Valley, CA
Regular - Full Time
Who We Are
Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC.
Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer with a focus on electrical assemblies to join our team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is to provide Manufacturing Engineering support to internal and external manufacturing facilities to resolve any manufacturing or related issues on sustaining and new products
- Focus will be on electrical assemblies, PCBAs, calibration, and testing
- Create or update work instructions and other documentation to control the manufacturing processes
- Create and manage equipment specifications and documentation for development, qualification and support of assembly and test equipment
- Identify, formulate and implement opportunities with lean manufacturing principles throughout the assembly process to reduce cost, reduce variation, reduce cycle time, improve yields, improve reliability, improve productivity, etc.
- Perform Design for Manufacturing, Test, Cost, Reliability, etc. analysis on new products with the design engineering team
- Create Manufacturing Strategies for new and current products
- Lead Make/Buy analysis on assemblies with cross-functional team.
- Cost estimating of fabricated parts, PCBAs, assemblies, tooling, and test equipment
- Project management of multiple project tasks for self and others
- Other duties as assigned by management
- 10% Travel at times both domestically and internationally, with overnight, out-of-town stays
Required Qualifications & Background
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering (Desired), Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar field or equivalent experience as an Engineer in these fields required
- 5+ years of experience in Electrical, Test, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering or similar field in Aerospace, Automotive, or Commercial industries; or 3 years with a Masters Degree, or PhD without exp.
- Familiarity with electro-mechanical manufacturing, drawings, procedures and Bill of Materials is desired
- ---Specific experience with printed circuit board assembly, electro-mechanical assembly, calibration and testing processes is desired---
- Organization/planning, communication (oral and written), time management, conflict management, ability to manage stress, deadlines and work independently---
- Software Knowledge: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Access, Project), MiniTab, Oracle, Agile, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Visio, C# / OOP using Visual Studio IDE, Visual Basic, LabView / Teststand, MatLab, is desired.
- Experience working new product introduction (NPI) is a definite plus
- Lean/Six Sigma manufacturing implementation or use of tools is desired
- Experience in Test and Calibration equipment software and hardware is a definite plus
- Security clearance is a definite plus
Additional Requirement: This position requires you have access to data and technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. To meet this qualification you must be a current U.S. Person and provide documentation as such. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship.
Benefits: AV offers a great benefits package, 401K with company matching, and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit http://www.avinc.com/myavbenefits.
We also encourage you to review our company website at http://www.avinc.com to learn more about us.
Principals only need apply. NO agencies please.
What We Do
Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition.
AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Manufacturing Electrical Engineer III, Engineering , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!