Quality Engineer II
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: October 25, 2018
Quality Engineer II Location Simi Valley, CA Employment type Regular - Full Time ID 272 Apply Now Who We Are Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC. Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed. We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer II to join our team. Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure product acceptance criteria reflects the customer's definition of fitness for use.
- Correspond, as required, with customer representatives to ensure a thorough understanding of their needs and expectations.
- Participate in the review of engineering specifications to ensure the inclusion of adequate quality and reliability requirements.
- Responsible for driving corrective action and failure analysis in a timely manner.
- Work to reduce defects in various processes through data analysis and team problem-solving
- Provide guidance and assistance in quality enhancement strategies and the interpretation of workmanship criteria.
- Review customer contracts and purchase orders to identify requirements and flow down new customer requirements to all functions.
- Review New Product Integration (NPI) customer specifications to flow down new requirements to all functions and ensure in establishing compliance to customer requirements.
- Perform PPAP's (production part approval process).
- Perform process capabilities analysis on key characteristics; implementing Inspection and Quality Plans.
- Conduct internal audit activities including but not limited to quality management systems, purchasing, contract review process, and manufacturing.
- Drive trend improvements on the internal and external quality in support of strategic business objectives.
- Act as a liaison for the development and LRIP areas on matters related to NPI process and first article inspection.
- Must be willing to work a diversity of tasks to support not only the Quality effort, but also the ISO maintenance and operations effort, efficiently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. Required Qualifications & Background
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering field and/or equivalent education and/or combination of education or experience
- Minimum 3 years of progressive experience in a Quality Engineering role in an aerospace manufacturing - electronics manufacturing and government-contracting environment preferred.
- Experience and a strong understanding of DMAIC, FMEA, PPAP, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Gage R&R Studies and lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ISO 9001:AS9100, AS9102 standards and audits.
- Ability to communicate with customer and suppliers to resolve processes gaps and the ability to apply specified requirements in a cost-effective approach.
- Ability to collect, compile and analyze data (using the appropriate six sigma methods and techniques); to determine both the actual root causes of identified problems and required corrective (preventive) actions to prevent recurrence.
- Able to affect internal and external DPPM (scrap and rework) reduction and OTD improvements both internally and at our suppliers.
- Knowledge of dimensional inspection measurement systems and their application for the inspection of complex products - a full understanding of ASME Y14.5 (GD&T). Expertise in mechanical inspection methods and skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well as both an individual contributor and as a member of a team.
- Solid computer skills (MS Office suite of applications) is a must. Proficiency in Minitab is a plus. Additional Requirement: This position requires you have access to data and technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. To meet this qualification you must be a current U.S. Person and provide documentation as such. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship. Benefits: AV offers a great benefits package, 401K with company matching, and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit We also encourage you to review our company website at to learn more about us. Principals only need apply. NO agencies please. What We Do Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition. AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Quality Engineer II, Engineering , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!