Test Engineer III
Company: AeroVironment International
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: October 11, 2018
Test Engineer III
Simi Valley, CA
Regular - Full Time
Who We Are
Based in California, AeroVironment (AVAV) is a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Founded in 1971 by celebrated physicist and engineer, Dr. Paul MacCready, we've been at the leading edge of technical innovation for more than 45 years. Be a part of the team that developed the world's most widely used military drones and created the first submarine-launched reconnaissance drone, and has seven innovative vehicles that are part of the Smithsonian Institution's permanent collection in Washington, DC.
Join us today in developing the next generation of small UAS and tactical missile systems that will deliver more actionable intelligence to our customers so they can proceed with certainty - and succeed.
We are currently seeking a Test Engineer III to join our TMS (Tactical Missile Systems) team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs develops, deploys, troubleshoots and upgrades Test Equipment used in testing PCBAs, sub-systems, and systems. This position requires C# / OOP software development using Visual Studio IDE.
- Develops test plans, requirements/specifications and strategies.
- Analyzes, processes, and formats test results.
- Independently drives for results and consistently meets deliverables on projects with aggressive timelines.
- Works with diverse teams across multiple disciplines.
- Provides feedback to product design team to improve testability of design.
Required Qualifications & Background
- US Citizenship required---
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the development of test solutions to support testing in a manufacturing production environment.---
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming (C# programming using Visual Studio IDE a plus).---
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering disciplines including mechanical and electrical design, material properties, and test instrumentation.---
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of various manual and automated testing methodologies at all stages of product development.---
- RF test experience a plus.---
- Excellent problem resolution and decision-making skills.---
- Experience in writing Test Plans based on functional requirements and technical specifications.---
- Ability to generate estimates based on different levels of specifications at different life cycle stages of a project.---
- Proficiency in planning, writing, and executing test specifications.---
- Experience in writing bug reports and root-cause analyses.---
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.---
- Strong quality, risk quantification, and management skills.
This position requires you have access to data and technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. Applicants must be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
Additional Requirement: This position requires you have access to data and technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Applicants cannot be hired until they are qualified to have such access. To meet this qualification you must be a current U.S. Person and provide documentation as such. Some positions due to contracts will require current U.S. Citizenship.
Benefits: AV offers a great benefits package, 401K with company matching, and a paid holiday shutdown. For more information about our company benefit offerings please visit http://www.avinc.com/myavbenefits.
We also encourage you to review our company website at http://www.avinc.com to learn more about us.
Principals only need apply. NO agencies please.
What We Do
Building on a history of technological innovation, AeroVironment designs, develops, produces, and supports an advanced portfolio of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) and tactical missile systems. Agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense and allied military services use the company's hand-launched UAS to provide situational awareness to tactical operating units through real-time, airborne reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition.
AeroVironment Incorporated is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V and works in compliance with both federal and state laws. We are committed to the concept regarding Equal Employment opportunity. Qualified candidates will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, medical condition nor disability, genetics, veteran and all others that may apply.
Keywords: AeroVironment International, Simi Valley , Test Engineer III, Engineering , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!