Company: Howmet Aerospace
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Howmet Fastening Systems is seeking a Quality Engineer to
implement initial quality plans on products and programs, provides
support and direction in the implementation and administration of
quality systems. Analyzes the effectiveness of the quality system
and coordinates quality related issues, audits with customers,
suppliers and other functional disciplines.This is an opportunity
to grow your career at a large, international aerospace company.
The position includes competitive wages and a comprehensive
benefits package, including health insurance (medical, dental,
vision), a 401k matching program, and paid holidays and vacation.
This position is located at the AFS aerospace distribution facility
in Simi Valley, CA.Key Responsibilities:
- Develops and establishes quality systems and procedures,
inspection plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans to
support Engine Programs including Pratt Whitney & General
- Provide support and direction in the implementation and
administration of Engine Programs.
- Analyzes the effectiveness of the quality system and be the
liaison to handle quality related issues with the Engine
- Performs Customer Purchase Order/Contract Review to identify
quality requirements for impact and operational compliance.
- Interfaces and/or works closely with Suppliers to mitigate and
address risks & concerns.
- Coordinates Customer Source Inspection and/or performs
Designated Source Quality Representative functions for customer, as
- Participates in Product Investigation Activities, Risk
Mitigation and Corrective Action investigations in relation to the
- Prepare periodic and special reports on quality statistics and
other related quality issues on Engine Programs.
- Manages the corrective action program by identifying and
reacting to quality-related problems identified by the customer,
supplier or from within the company. Makes necessary
recommendations, incorporates actions or change/initiate systems
and/or procedures that assure compliance with customer, company,
regulatory and standardized requirements.
- May issue and/or disposition RMA's (Return Material
Authorization) to customers and generate CER's (Customer
- Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university.
- 3 years of experience in a Quality Assurance role.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United
States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at
the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines
U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e.
'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee .Preferred
- Pratt Whitney DQR/MCL-LCS / General Electric DSQR Qualification
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Manage multiple projects at a time.
- Must be well organized with attention to detail.
- Have strong follow up and time management skills.
- Solid analytical and reasoning abilities as well as strong
- Flexibility to work weekends is required.
About Howmet Aerospace
Howmet Aerospace Inc., headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania,
is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for
the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company's primary
businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening
systems, and titanium structural parts necessary for
mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and
defense applications, as well as forged wheels for commercial
transportation. With nearly 1,150 granted and pending patents, the
Company's differentiated technologies enable lighter, more
fuel-efficient aircraft to operate with a lower carbon footprint.
For more information, visit www.howmet.com
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Simi Valley , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!