Senior Process Development Engineer
Company: Milgard Manufacturing
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Senior Process Development Engineer in Simi Valley, CA at
Milgard Windows & Doors Job DescriptionA Senior Process Development
Engineer job in Simi Valley, CA, is available at Milgard Windows
and Doors. You should have 10 plus years of experience in a
manufacturing environment with experience in automation.--You will
evaluate, design, and develop advanced manufacturing systems to
improve safety and labor costs. The successful candidate will lead
manufacturing teams to continuously improve processes while
designing and sourcing equipment to support the introduction of new
products and line extensions. The salary for this role is dependent
on experience.--Milgard Windows & Doors is the leading manufacturer
of windows and doors in the Western United States with operations
in Washington, Oregon, and California. Milgard was recently
acquired by MI Windows, creating additional opportunities for
growth and synergies between these two industry leaders.Senior
Process Development Engineer job responsibilities include:
- Observe manufacturing operations through detailed steps or
processes, collect, correlate data, and implement process
improvements at manufacturing locations.
- Works with product development and manufacturing to determine
appropriate methods for new products, focusing on identifying ways
to improve our processes continually.
- Works with suppliers to define appropriate requirements and
performance standards for current and future products.
- Works in conjunction with the Continuous Improvement (CI) team
to improve the deployment, sustainability, and consistency of
process improvements across locations.
- Establishes work measurement programs and analyzes work samples
to develop standards for labor utilization.
- Helps develop automation in the process to improve safety,
reduce defects, and improve productivity.
- Analyzes workforce utilization, facility layout, and
operational data, including production costs, process flow charts,
and production schedules, to determine efficient workers and
- Recommends methods for improving efficiency while reducing
waste. The candidate must conduct elemental breakdown structures to
evaluate efficiency opportunities while reorganizing workflow and
relocating workstations to drive operational excellence.
- Maintains technical aptitude by attending pertinent classes,
seminars, and trade shows as needed. Requirements Qualifications:
- Seven plus years of related experience in a manufacturing
- Experience in process automation
- Bachelor of Science degree in
Electrical/Mechanical/Manufacturing or Industrial engineering.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, SolidWorks other applicable computer
- Ability to implement changes through location Operations teams
without having direct management responsibility for these
- Ability to work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to
present to middle and upper management.
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills.
- The Ability to program PLC is a plus.
- The ability to program using VB.net is a plusMilgard is growing
with a track record of strong financial performance, which creates
opportunities for team members. An excellent opportunity to learn
about our business and show what you can do to build a great team
and organization. We have a robust total reward offering,
- Vacation and Sick pay
- Medical/Dental/Vision - Milgard picks up the majority cost of
these significant benefits!
- 401k Savings Plan
- Tuition assistance - continue your education; we will
- Career growth opportunities - take on more responsibility and
grow!If you are interested in this Senior Process Development
Engineer job in Simi Valley, CA, please apply now. To learn more
about Milgard's products, services, and culture visit our website
at www.milgard.com/careers. We have built our success on our
foundational philosophy of Respect, Service, and Excellence.
Milgard Windows & Doors is a great place to grow your career as we
continue to build an even greater organization!#CB#MONSTER
Keywords: Milgard Manufacturing, Simi Valley , Senior Process Development Engineer, Engineering , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!