Sr. Test Tech/Engineer, RF
Company: Creative Digital Systems Integration, Inc.
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Who We Are:
CDSI, Creative Digital Systems Integration Inc., is an emerging
small business company providing cutting edge technology solutions
to complex RF requirements. We develop ground-breaking
'first-of-its-kind' products that have ranged from complete
phased-array antenna systems, radar calibration tools, application
modeling, and data visualization. These are very exciting times for
CDSI as we have strategically maneuver our company as a leading
manufacturer within the telemetry digital beam forming technologies
as well as the radar/telemetry simulation environments.
We are searching for a bright and enthusiastic
Electrical/Electronic Technician to assist creating, maintaining
and repairing the electronic systems, components and equipment used
and developed in support of products. You must be a team player; we
are a company built on collaboration and creativity. We foster an
environment of sharing information, and provide the highest level
of mutual respect.
Performs a variety of non-routine tasks to ensure production
quality standards are met. Performs set-ups, calibration, testing,
tuning and troubleshooting of micro-strip circuits, components,
instruments, and mechanical assemblies, to ensure unit functions
according to specifications.
Technicians perform very detailed technician functions associated
with back-end manufacturing to produce mission critical products
and devices. Attention to detail, excellent hand-eye coordination
and excellent hand dexterity is essential to operate tools and
equipment to perform functions such as testing, tuning,
troubleshooting and repairing millimeter and microwave frequency
What you will do:
In addition to assembling/testing electrical components, this
- Wiring/bread-boarding electronic circuits
- Assemble product as specified in drawings
- Assemble mechanical components
- Support engineering projects in various forms
- Test/Evaluate/Calibrate electrical, electronic and RF
- Repair of components to PCB board level.
- Properly route wires within components (understanding of
EMI/Coupling issues is a plus)
- Documentation (producing some documents describing programs,
- Work at a system level to test equipment.
- Exercise various system software in order to find software
- Navigating through Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) and record
- Move parts (ability to lift up to 50 pounds required)
- Preferred experience in tuning RF thin film circuits
- Experience in launching and testing circuits in fixtures to
- Experience biasing FETs' and/or transistors.
- Test and tune standard catalog amplifiers from 10MHz to
- Participates in continuous improvement and team building
activities. Maintains productive working relationships with all
- Experience applying RF fundamentals including but not limited
RF Gain, Gain Flatness, Gain Matching Return Loss P1 dB
Compression, phase/phase tracking.
- Proficient in RF theory and principals.
- Experience in testing for gain, gain flatness, noise figure,
VSWR, P1dB, IP3 and phase.
- Experience in the calibration of test equipment.
- Experience in tuning and troubleshooting with some
- Proficient in operating test equipment like DC power supplies,
RF signal generators, scalar and network analyzers.
- Understand DC theory (Ohm's Law)
- Follow ESD procedures.
- Ability to interpret pass/fail data. Skills:
The most successful candidate will have significant experience in
many of the following areas:
- Electrical/Cable assembly
- Crimping wires to connectors (MS-Type, D38999, DB, )
- Soldering (possibly including through hole PCB not a
- Able to read schematic and wire assemblies with minimal
- Work experience with DMMs, Oscilloscopes, Spectrum
- Able to use hand tools (stripper, crimper, pliers) and power
- Knowledge of computer systems and software
- Product Schematic development, analysis and PCB design and
Gerber file generation.
- Good verbal communication skills and must be able to follow
- QA of products preassembly and after production
- Complying with safety and quality procedures, rules, and
- Experience troubleshooting from schematics and drawings Job
- Associates degree in electrical or electronic engineering
technology is desired.
- Background in aerospace electrical engineering desired.
- IPC-A-610E, J-STD-001 and IPC-A-620 Certified is desired
- Position requires a minimum of 5+ years relevant
- Ability to use computers (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Ability to clearly communicate in written and spoken English.
Compensation and Benefits:
As a full-time employee, you will enjoy a competitive salary, a
robust benefit package including medical, dental, and vision plans,
life and AD&D insurance. We offer a 401k program with matching
contributions from the company. In addition, we offer endless
opportunities to learn, grow, and develop your strengths through
top-tier training programs, certification sponsorship and tuition
reimbursement. Most importantly, we offer a fun, energetic
environment that truly has a familial atmosphere and a crucial
emphasis on maintaining a strong work-life balance through our
paid-time-off policies, paid holidays, parental leave, family
leave, and bereavement leave.
NOTE: In order to conform to Government technology export
regulations (ITAR), applicants must be US citizens or permanent
residents (Green Card holders). CDSI uses eVerify and provide
Social Security Administration and/or Department of Homeland
Security employees I-9 Form to confirm work authorization.
CDSI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
This position is on site in Simi Valley,CA
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Creative Digital Systems Integration, Inc., Simi Valley , Sr. Test Tech/Engineer, RF, Engineering , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!