Engineer 2, Supplier Quality
Company: Meggitt PLC
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: October 10, 2020
Requisition ID: 57553
Business Unit: Airframe Systems Ventura County (3125)
Simi Valley, CA, United States, 93063
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme
environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense
and energy markets. We employ over 12,000 people across
manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with
regional bases in India and the Middle East. Job Designation
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for coordinating
suppliers and verifying quality standards in accordance with the
requirements of their organization and regulatory standards. SQE is
in charge of performing regular supplier audits to ensure
compliance with regulatory standards, as well as actively
participating in strategic development based on quality control
plans. SQE plays a critical role in supply chain management, serves
as the liaison for suppliers, suggests structural quality and
process improvements, and collaborates with cross-functional
departments such as engineers, operations and supply chain in a
team environment. Job Core Responsibilities
* Perform supplier approval assessments.
* Report supplier performance and quality to management.
* Assist in development and implementation of supplier management
* Perform supplier surveillance.
* First Article Inspection or PPAP.
* Supplier implementation of customer flow down and special
requirements to purchase orders.
* Approval and surveillance of Special Process Suppliers.
* Work with suppliers to achieve quality and delivery goals and
establish and manage supplier performance rating with monthly
scorecard driving supplier improvements.
* Establish & execute actin plan for Suppliers quality
* Audit and review new and existing supplier surveys.
* Generates and approves Supplier Corrective Action Requests.
* Processes concessions for Material Review Board Disposition.
* Assures Buyer receives any product dispositioned return to the
* Dispositions Supplier Change Requests.
* Manages Supplier Change Request Database.
* Implements Supplier Quality procedures.
* Maintains supplier evaluation records.
* Drive continuous improvement and lean conversion utilizing lean
tools which includes conversion to electronic data storage.
* Develops Supplier Quality risk assessments.
Education Required: Bachelor degree in Engineering or Science or
Year of experience: Min. 3+ years of quality experience within
aerospace, automotive, or other manufacturing company that operates
to an equivalent quality standard.
Skills, Knoweledge & Abilities:
* Have a working knowledge of the organizational structure and
* Be proficient with computer/electronic media (i.e., Microsoft
word, powerpoint, excel, project, etc.).
* Excellent communication (written & verbal) and people skills.
* Knowledge of Quality System requirements or processes.
* Knowledgeable of AS9100 (capable of becoming a lead auditor)
* Must work well in a Team Environment.
* Must be problem solvers.
* Experience with UTC style Quality Clinics preferred.
* Knowledge and ability to use and teach the use of Quality Tools
preferred; i.e., FMEA s, DOE s, PPAP, APQP, Risk Assessment,
Ishakawa charts, 5 whys, etc.
* SAP experience preferred.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants
must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a
U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green
Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Meggitt PLC, Simi Valley , Engineer 2, Supplier Quality, Engineering , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!