Weld Process Engineer
Company: Meggitt PLC
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: March 13, 2020
Requisition ID: 41937
Business Unit: Airframe Systems Ventura County (3125)
Simi Valley, CA, United States, 93063
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme
environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense
and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across
manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with
regional bases in India and the Middle East. Job Designation
The Weld Process Engineer provides a range of expertise in
supporting and improving the manufacturing capabilities to produce
products. He/she improves welding processes that can directly
impact the sustaining and growth efforts of operations. He/she
participates in the introduction of new products to the
manufacturing and supply chain environment. Job Core
* Ensure all weld operations comply with internal and external
specifications, drawings, codes and other requirements through the
creation of weld schedules, work instructions and procedures.
* Prepare technical reports for internal and external customers to
document weld processes, verify/ validate weld schedules, processes
* Specifies weld equipment, tooling and supplies required for
completing or improving weld processes.
* Establishes capabilities on welding processes. Provides feedback
to design engineering and other stake holders on drawing,
specification or other requirements.
* Works with manufacturing engineering to estimate labor, and
capital (equipment/tooling) requirements for New Product
* Develops and executes an overall welding strategy for plant
welding processes, equipment and applications. Identify new and/or
improved welding processes/techniques for continuous improvement.
Builds processes to implement best practices across the site.
* Leads root cause investigations into weld related defects and
lead the team to full resolution and lessons learned. Solves
problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions
using technical experience, judgment and precedents.
* Identifies, evaluates and resolves custom alloy welding and
manufacturing problems as they relate to nontraditional repair and
* Provides significant expertise in developing a range of
engineering solutions to improve the manufacture of new and
existing Meggitt products.
* Other responsibilities as assigned
EDUCATION: Post-secondary degree in Engineering or equivalent
combination of relevant education and work experience that will
allow successful performance of job expectations
YEARS EXPERIENCE: 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
* Must be familiar with ANSI/AWS A2.4-79 and B-17.4 weld
* Must be able to read engineering and fabrication drawings and
develop weld maps as applicable
* Knowledge of Codes ASME Section III & IX AWS D1.1, D1.2 & D1.6.
Understanding of BAC-5900 a plus. Certification a plus.
* Have experience in working with carbon, low, high alloy and
stainless steels, nickel and copper based alloys, and dissimilar
metal welding. Have a deep understanding of weld processes
including variable inputs, processes and verification/ validation
* Excellent ability to apply a systematic and analytical approach
to problem solving.
* Ability to explain a range of complex technical information.
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in
matters of significance.
* Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
to drive tasks to completion.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office and database management tools.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants
must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a
U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green
Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career
center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation,
contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or
Keywords: Meggitt PLC, Simi Valley , Weld Process Engineer, Engineering , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!