Supplier Quality Engineer 2
Company: Meggitt PLC
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: January 1, 2020
Requisition ID: 40988
Business Unit: Airframe Systems Ventura County (3125)
Simi Valley, CA, United States, 93063
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme
environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense
and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across
manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with
regional bases in India and the Middle East. Job Designation
* Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for coordinating
suppliers and verifying quality standards in accordance with the
requirements of their organization and regulatory standards. SQE is
in charge of performing regular supplier audits to ensure
compliance with regulatory standards, as well as actively
participating in strategic development based on quality control
plans. SQE plays a critical role in supply chain management, serves
as the liaison for suppliers, suggests structural quality and
process improvements, and collaborates with cross-functional
departments such as engineers, operations and supply chain in a
* Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for identifying
technical problems with suppliers and implements corrective
actions. SQE also conducts capability assessments that verify
supplier qualifications, travels to assigned suppliers, and lead
multiple projects to completion.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Perform supplier approval assessments.
* Report supplier performance and quality to management.
* Assist in develpment and implementation of supplier management
* Perform supplier surveillance.
* First Article Inspection or PPAP.
* Supplier implementation of customer flow down and special
requirements to purchase orders.
* Apprval and surveillance of Special Process Suppliers.
* Work with suppliers to achieve quality and delivery goals and
establish and manage supplier performance rating with monthly
scorecard driving supplier improvements.
* Establish & execute actin plan for Suppliers quality
* Audit and review new and existing supplier surveys.
* Generates and apprves Supplier Corrective Action Requests.
* Processes concessions for Material Review Board Disposition.
* Assures Buyer receives any product dispositioned return to the
* Dispositions Supplier Change Requests.
* Manages Supplier Change Request Database.
* Implements Supplier Quality procedures.
* Maintains supplier evaluation records.
* Drive continuous improvement and lean conversion utilizing lean
tools which includes conversion to electronic data storage.
* Develps Supplier Quality risk assessments.
* EDUCATION: Required: Bachelor degree in Engineering or Science or
* YEAR OF EXPERIENCE: Min. 5+ years of quality experience within
aerospace, automotive, or other manufacturing company that operates
to an equivalent quality standard.
* SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
* Have a working knowledge of the organizational structure and
* Be proficient with computer/electronic media (i.e., Microsoft
word, powerpoint, excel, project, etc.).
* Excellent communication (written & verbal) and people skills.
* Knowledge of Quality System requirements or processes.
* Knowledgeable of AS9100 (capable of becoming a lead auditor)
* Must work well in a Team Environment.
* Must be problem solvers.
* Experience with UTC style Quality Clinics preferred.
* Knowledge and ability to use and teach the use of Quality Tools
preferred; i.e., FMEA s, DOE s, PPAP, APQP, Risk Assessment,
Ishakawa charts, 5 whys, etc.
* SAP experience preferred.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to
the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All
applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR
defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident
(i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career
center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation,
contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or
Keywords: Meggitt PLC, Simi Valley , Supplier Quality Engineer 2, Engineering , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!