California Special Education Administrative Assistant (CAVA)
Company: School Staff
Location: Simi Valley
Posted on: November 12, 2021
WHO ARE WE?
- About us
- K12 Produces Results
Get to know CAVA!
- California Virtual Academy
- Behind the scenes
- A Day in the life
K12, a Stride Company, believes in education for Any One. We
provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized
education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and
learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own
pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and
maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our
employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat
one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to
innovate and always strive to do better.
The mission of California Virtual Academy is to provide an
exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for
students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships
coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and
student-centered instructional model. Student success will be
measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student
satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the
academic community. Join us!
The Special Education Administrative Assistant performs general
administrative duties and provides general support to the Special
Essential Functions:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Creates, sorts, and stores digital and paper files for incoming
Special Education records;
- Organizes student record keeping for all Individualized
Education Programs (IEP);
- Responds to inquiries from students, families and others either
by answering them personally or directing them to the appropriate
- Receives and routes incoming calls to the school
- Monitors and processes incoming mail, forwarding and filing
- Processes internal and external requests for special education
documents in adherence with 5-day timeline;
- Requests and follows-up on district of residence IEP's and
special education documents for enrolling students;
- Enters general information into school database;
- Processes and monitor outgoing special education documents;
Enters tracking and follow up into database;
- Maintains organization of records in web based IEP forms.
Supervisory Responsibilities:This position has no formal
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Associate's degree AND
- One (1) year of experience OR
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Great customer service, organizational and time management
- Working knowledge of digital phone systems (PBX or
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel
- Experience using search engines (Internet) for research
- Experience using a student information system and/or other type
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clear required background check
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- This is an office-based position. This position requires that
you live in the state of California.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties
and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other
instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by
their supervisor. All employment is "at-will" as governed by the
law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood
that the "at-will" nature of employment is one aspect of employment
that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected
Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: School Staff, Simi Valley , California Special Education Administrative Assistant (CAVA), Administration, Clerical , Simi Valley, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!